Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-08-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
gina
gina began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Kindle in Canada?

Hi Everyone. I just checked in when I googled, "When will Kindle be in Canada?" and found this site. I'll have a look around.
gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
strangeseraph
Connoisseur
strangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Hi Gina! I'm from Canada too, not likely be a kindle in Canada anytime soon sorry to say. :/ At least, nothing has been said yet on the matter.

I'm getting a Sony Reader myself.
strangeseraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by gina View Post
Hi Everyone. I just checked in when I googled, "When will Kindle be in Canada?" and found this site. I'll have a look around.
Hello, Gina. Welcome to MobileRead.

Right now Amazon is not shipping Kindles outside the US.

You must have a US based credit card and mailing address registered to your Amazon account to buy one, and to download books.

Thats the official version. People across the world have Kindles and buy books 'working around' the system, but you'll have to ask them how its done. I can barely use it the way its intended!

Have you thought of the Sony? there are lots of other devices also. Look here for a list, and ask questions as they occur to you.........Good luck!

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_devices
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi gina and welcome to MobileRead.

No Kindles for Canada until you stop sending those damn Alberta Clippers down here to the States.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote