Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-24-2008, 06:23 PM   #1
abermp
abermp began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
eBook Library

I purchased a new PRS-700 recently and am very pleased with it. I have loaded over 1,000 books and documents on the internal memory, many of them as MS Word or PDF documents. However, when importing PDF or Word files, I encounter several oddities that I cannot figure how to fix:

1. Sometimes, they will not load into eBook Library (can't figure out why).
2. Sometimes the Word Documents are titled, "Microsoft Word - ____" with the "___" being the title that I gave the document. How do I get rid of the "Microsoft Word -" portion?
3. Sometimes the PDF files load with their own titles (that I think relate back to the website that I downloaded them from). So, if I have downloaded five documents from the same website, they might all have the same title, although they are very different documents by content.

Any ideas how to fix any of these or change them once in eBook Library? Thanks.
abermp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by abermp View Post
I purchased a new PRS-700 recently and am very pleased with it. I have loaded over 1,000 books and documents on the internal memory, many of them as MS Word or PDF documents. However, when importing PDF or Word files, I encounter several oddities that I cannot figure how to fix:
Being new to the eBook Library myself, I have read in the manual that it will only import MS Word documents if you have MS Word installed on your PC. If you have, then others in this forum will have lots of suggestions on how to import/convert your books/documents.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2008, 10:45 PM   #3
Server
Anti-Narcissist
Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SØNY6
right click your documents (word/pdf) and select properties, and then open the second
tab (vista) and edit/adjust your title. Sometimes the book title not the file name.
Pdf's store info all over the place
Server is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:41 AM   #4
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassida View Post
Is there such a thing as an ebook library, like the public library that allows you to rent books for a certain time period for free.....?
Yes there is, check out the Libraries section in the Wiki
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote