Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #31
calibrated
Zealot
calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire w/Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
I am going to hold off until I read all the reports about what third party apps get broken by this update.
Good call. It's always a good idea to wait (if you have a choice) and see what breaks. If the update breaks my sideloaded Aldiko, I'll be livid.
calibrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #32
geoffwood
Addict
geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT+K4T+PRST1
Quote:
Originally Posted by beej231 View Post
XDA developers say that part of this new update is that Amazon can "detect root when you boot." I guess it phones home like ET. Who do they think they are, Microsoft?
I guess they think they are the company that sold you a piece of hardware at just about break-even in the hope that you would then buy and consume their content. Remember, this is primarily an Amazon media consumption device, not an Android Tablet, so don't be surprised if they fight back against attempts to interfere with their business model.
geoffwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #33
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
Are you sure you download 6.3? It is not on the download site of Amazon yet.
He obviously doesn't know what he is talking about as 6.3 has not been released. Nor would the folks at XDA know what is in it yet.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #34
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
He obviously doesn't know what he is talking about as 6.3 has not been released. Nor would the folks at XDA know what is in it yet.
It updated for me yesterday.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #35
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
@beej231 claims to have manually downloaded the update. That cannot be as the latest available download is 6.2.2. Unless he got a hold of something on the XDA website, which I doubt.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #36
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Are you sure you download 6.3? It is not on the download site of Amazon yet.
Yes. You can get it at xda developers
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #37
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffwood View Post
I guess they think they are the company that sold you a piece of hardware at just about break-even in the hope that you would then buy and consume their content. Remember, this is primarily an Amazon media consumption device, not an Android Tablet, so don't be surprised if they fight back against attempts to interfere with their business model.
Well,I have bought and consumed loads of their products and content. I'm not surprised at all really. I'm just curious and I love to tinker under the hood.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #38
beej231
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
I saw that., That's why I.decided to give it a try.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #39
beej231
Addict

Quote:
It is at xda under 6.3 stock Rom & has already been rooted. You can download the rooted version there as well. Why would u thinkk xda wouldn't know about it? It.is released to developers first.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #40
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Thanks I downloaded the stock 6.3 and updated my Fire. And it does seem a little snapper than it did. I can not check out much other at this time seeing I do not have a wifi here at work to connect to to check out the wifi connection. or any of the other improvements.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #41
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
"If the update breaks my sideloaded Aldiko, I'll be livid."
Same here!!!
My biggest concern is My Go launcher Ex and my rotating wallpaper.

As well as All My over 30 Side loaded apps and games.
I Never use this device for web surfing and I dont use Amazon for books or Video as I side load those as well and play them in MOBO player in their native format( AVI,MKV.mov).
So my Device Wi-Fi shall remain OFF For now.
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #42
beej231
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
Same here!!!
My biggest concern is My Go launcher Ex and my rotating wallpaper.

As well as All My over 30 Side loaded apps and games.
I Never use this device for web surfing and I dont use Amazon for books or Video as I side load those as well and play them in MOBO player in their native format( AVI,MKV.mov).
So my Device Wi-Fi shall remain OFF For now.

I don't blame you. All that stuff is valuable and takes time.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #43
beej231
Addict

Quote:
Thanks I downloaded the stock 6.3 and updated my Fire. And it does seem a little snapper than it did. I can not check out much other at this time seeing I do not have a wifi here at work to connect to to check out the wifi connection. or any of the other improvements.
Oh darn why couldn't I get to update? Gonna have to look into that.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #44
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
@beej231 claims to have manually downloaded the update. That cannot be as the latest available download is 6.2.2. Unless he got a hold of something on the XDA website, which I doubt.
Oh ok, I didn't get that part.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #45
Athens80
Connoisseur
Athens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Amazon has it out now: Kindle Fire Software Update Version 6.3.
Athens80 is offline   Reply With Quote