Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-06-2009, 08:58 AM   #31
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis
Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
they did? i dont remember. what episode is this so i can check this fact immediately.

Actually it was only the top half of her bum, but that's a lot more bum than one is normally accustomed to seeing in star trek, so it really stood out in my mind.

Can't remember which episode though. I think it was during season 3, around the time when T'Pol and Trip were doing that Vulcan massage therapy, or whatever they called it.
Ziguezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #32
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziguezon View Post
Can't remember which episode though. I think it was during season 3, around the time when T'Pol and Trip were doing that Vulcan massage therapy, or whatever they called it.
Foreplay?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #33
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis
Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Foreplay?

Indeed. That is exactly what it turned out to be in the end.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #34
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Seven of Nine!

What?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:42 PM   #35
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Seven of Nine!
What?
Seems you want to start another thread "The Babes of Trek".???

BOb
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #36
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis

Considering the direction Star Trek episodes were taking
(bad writing, increase in sexy scenes), I can picture the next
series taking place on one of the pleasure planets such as Risa.

Sort of like a Baywatch in Space!
Old 03-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #37
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
If JJ Abrams Directs the Next Star Trek Series, Every one will watch it. He Seems to be taking the Movie to Places no one has ever taken it before.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #38
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
If JJ Abrams Directs the Next Star Trek Series, Every one will watch it. He Seems to be taking the Movie to Places no one has ever taken it before.
... or wanted it to go.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #39
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziguezon View Post
That was indeed somewhat over the top. There were a few of those decontamination
scenes that made me scratch Enterprise off my list of family entertainment shows.

There was even one where T'Pol spent the entire episode half naked in the decontamination chamber, and was trying to have her way with the doctor because she happened to be going through the Pon Far.

It goes to show how desperate they were for ratings at the time. That wasn't enough apparently, so in a later episode they just decided to go all out and show us her butt.

That sort of thing lowered the quality of Star Trek, in my opinion. However, If I were still a young single dude, I might disagree with that statement.
I'm still angry about that series.

ST:E was set in an era with wonderful story potential. They had the opportunity to tell the story of the birth of the Federation, and instead they went with time travel. AAAAARGH!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #40
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I'm still angry about that series.

ST:E was set in an era with wonderful story potential. They had the opportunity to tell the story of the birth of the Federation, and instead they went with time travel. AAAAARGH!
You know. I didn't know why I didn't love that show. Yes, I watched it. Yes, I enjoyed some of the Episodes. But the Captain Ahab Xindi thing got tired.

But, you just nailed it for me. I expected some back story on how stuff happened. Yes, we did get some. But not alot.

BOb
Old 03-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #41
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I too have to go with Spock, even though I thought Sarek had a nice distinguished feel to him... But I agree, T'Pol was nice eye candy...

I knew something was bugging me about the discussion so I had to check the spelling, it was Saavik not Savik. I preferred Kirstie over Robin in that role.

Tuvok was a mind meld junkie...

What? No one for Valeris (Kim Cattrall)? lol

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #42
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You know. I didn't know why I didn't love that show. Yes, I watched it. Yes, I enjoyed some of the Episodes. But the Captain Ahab Xindi thing got tired.

But, you just nailed it for me. I expected some back story on how stuff happened. Yes, we did get some. But not alot.

BOb
ST:E should have been entirely focused on the birth of the Federation. There is enough historical material out there that they could have written a 7 season story arc before they ever shot the pilot. ("historical material", )

Do you know what I think the final episode of the series finale should have been? It could be Capt. Archer calling to order the Constitutional Convention of the United Federation of Planets, but a better one would be the signing ceremony. The Andorians and the Vulcans both insist that he must be there to sign the treaty (the first time they ever agreed on something).
Old 03-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #43
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
ST:E should have been entirely focused on the birth of the Federation. There is enough historical material out there that they could have written a 7 season story arc before they ever shot the pilot. ("historical material", )
I would have been happy if they just got rid of that song.. I've only watched the reruns of Enterprise this past year. I had turned ST:E on from the beginning, but as soon as the theme started I switched to another channel. Meaning to come back afterwards, but I got interested in whatever else was on during that timeslot in the interim. Eventually I just gave up altogether...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #44
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
I would have been happy if they just got rid of that song.. I've only watched the reruns of Enterprise this past year. I had turned ST:E on from the beginning, but as soon as the theme started I switched to another channel. Meaning to come back afterwards, but I got interested in whatever else was on during that timeslot in the interim. Eventually I just gave up altogether...

-MJ
There were two versions of that song. The version that was used for the first few seasons was initially a shock to me, but after awhile I got used to it and didn't mind it so much.

But then... for the final two seasons they switched to using a more upbeat version which I thought really didn't fit the show at all.

I've been bashing Enterprise on this thread, but let it be known that I still enjoyed it for the most part, and would have continued watching it had it not been canceled. As some people say: bad Trek is better than no Trek.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #45
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
What? No one for Valeris (Kim Cattrall)? lol

-MJ
A trader to the Federation? I think NOT!

BOb