Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
Albyr
Enthusiast
Albyr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Editing Books-on-Device metadata (iRex DR800S)

It seems like I should be able to change metadata for the books held on the device using Calibre, but I can't.

Sometimes when I transfer a "book" across the author or title contains an unknown character (Kanji?) that the device can't display. I've tried correcting the metadata and re-uploading but that's slow and unreliable; I tried to use Calibre but when I click on a book and press F2 as works when editing metadata for books on my laptop, nothing happens.

Anyone else have this problem?
Albyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
Albyr
Enthusiast

I just noticed that the 'Edit meta information' button is grayed out.
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
N you cannot change on device metadata. As for the last character being wrong, this is a known problem that affects some pdf files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
Albyr
Enthusiast

Is there any way around the "last character being wrong" bug? Also, sometimes the metadata in Calibre and the metadata on the device are completely different! Any idea why this might be?
Old 06-12-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
Albyr
Enthusiast

Wow. I just noticed you actually *made* Calibre!
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albyr View Post
Wow. I just noticed you actually *made* Calibre!
Me and lots of other people as well, many of whom you will find on this forum.

No, there's no workaround for the last character bug. In general, setting metadata in PDF is chancy, it tends to fail for some pdf files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr800