Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
black cat
black cat began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook
Help me read my comics in jetbook, please..

Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie
First of all, I want to thank you for every participant in this forum. I've learnt a lot about ebook, calibre and finally decided to buy jetbook.
I've got my jb last week, and I really like it. The problem starts when I try to read my comic. I've tried to load it as usual from PC to jb using USB cable. I can see the file of JPEGs in there (it's a scanned comic), but when I pushed the "ok" button, this sentence popped out: no corresponding file(s) found! I have no problem with transferring my ebook at all. That's why I didn't expect any problem with loading comics.
I tried to load the winrar version unto jb but I got the same result.

Could someone help me, please? TY in advance

black cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by black cat View Post
Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie
First of all, I want to thank you for every participant in this forum. I've learnt a lot about ebook, calibre and finally decided to buy jetbook.
I've got my jb last week, and I really like it. The problem starts when I try to read my comic. I've tried to load it as usual from PC to jb using USB cable. I can see the file of JPEGs in there (it's a scanned comic), but when I pushed the "ok" button, this sentence popped out: no corresponding file(s) found! I have no problem with transferring my ebook at all. That's why I didn't expect any problem with loading comics.
I tried to load the winrar version unto jb but I got the same result.

Could someone help me, please? TY in advance

I never loaded comics on my jetBook but I remember that somebody on this forum posted this video and used comics in .pdf format (it looks very good on jetBook screen):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbELi1knYgg
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
black cat

Thanks..
I'll try it again. Actually I don't want to convert JPEGs file into PDF. I thought that jb can read JPEGs file easily.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
You can read them. Don't use the ebook link on the main menu, use the pictures link. They can't be compiled into any kind of archive, and they need to be 650x480 for best viewing, although the viewer can handle other sizes.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:07 AM   #5
black cat

Ok. Thanks
Advert
Old 04-13-2010, 03:35 PM   #6
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
Here are some other ideas. You probably already know this.

Once you have determined the picture size you like place them all in a folder named after the comic book. Your scanner should create sequential file names so that they will be displayed in that order.

You do not have to convert to pdf but should you want to I would look at using a free pdf converter program. These install like a printer on your pc and then you just sub whatever doc you want converted to pdf to this logical printer. It outputs to a file. When setting up the printing options you have the ability to select a different paper size. Try experimenting with A5 or A6 paper set-ups.

If you want to have all the pictures grouped and treated as one pdf document. Try embedding the pictures into MS word. Set it up for the correct paper size and insert page breaks as needed. Then after saving submit the document to the PDF printer(converter).

For those that do not have a scanner but have a digital camera may I suggest "Macro Mode". I frequently snap important papers and file them on an SD card for viewing on my PC. This way the doc can then be filed safely away. If you need to view it just look it up via your pc. As most cameras use SD cards or even Micro SD cards you do not even have to transfer them across. Just swap the SD cards. That said you could view whatever you decided to take a picture of - a document, hand written instructions etc. Just remember that the idea is to view the content of the card on a limited grayscale viewer.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #7
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
you can also compress the jpegs into one file and then rename the extension to .cbz (if the extension was .zip) or .cbr (if the extension war .rar). Then use calibre to convert the file to epub (or whatever works on the jb).
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #8
black cat

I find that reading comic in jetbook is not comfortable. I prefer to read it in my pc. Thanks for all your suggestion