Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 02-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #31
impry
Enthusiast
impry began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4 (2011)
Well, yes they sent me an attached file through mail, and told to make an update.
1.Format 1Gb SD card to FAT16
2.Make a folder to the root named "lcdpara"
3.Insert into device than go to settings, press 5 to load the update menu, than press 1, that will be the update, click "Ok" and wait until the device restarting.

Unfortunately I didnt notice any changes, but it worth to give a try. Of course before all, you have to check your current version. If somebody wants, I can send the file through mail.
impry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:07 AM   #32
pox67
Connoisseur
pox67 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (stolen), Bebook
impry, What version should I be looking for?

It is a shame it didn't make any noticeable difference to the screen.
pox67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2009, 05:25 AM   #33
impry
Enthusiast

I get an other mail, that after the update, I have to do a full firmware update. Maybe it could help? I'll try it. Unfortunately just after work, becouse that's my wife's reader, so I can do experiments with it at home.
I searched for the version number of the EPD waveform on the device, but before the update I had the same version number. And so the update's number is the same: BL_P038_00_23
So maybe a firmware update after the waveform update could help. Who knows....
Old 02-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #34
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
I performed both the waveform update and firmware update, but no noticeable difference whatsoever.
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #35
pox67
Connoisseur

Well would go check what version of the EPD waveform I have but I can't book mark the book I am reading.

That brings me to another problem. This mobi book I am reading won't book mark, it looks like it is bookmarking but no book mark is made. Most books will book mark but this one won't. Getting pretty close to smashing this piece of junk to bits...every time it crashes I need to find the page I was on and as the pages never come up the same in a mobi book that is pretty damn annoying.
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 03:13 AM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pox67 View Post
That brings me to another problem. This mobi book I am reading won't book mark, it looks like it is bookmarking but no book mark is made. Most books will book mark but this one won't. Getting pretty close to smashing this piece of junk to bits...every time it crashes I need to find the page I was on and as the pages never come up the same in a mobi book that is pretty damn annoying.
Have you done a "chkdsk" on the file system? A corrupt file system is a common cause of failing to bookmark on other readers - I'd imagine the same would be true on the BeBook/Hanlin too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:27 AM   #37
pox67
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Have you done a "chkdsk" on the file system? A corrupt file system is a common cause of failing to bookmark on other readers - I'd imagine the same would be true on the BeBook/Hanlin too.
good call HarryT, I got finally got a chance to do a chkdsk on the Bebook and that fixed the problem. Bookmarks are accepted and hopefully it will remember my place in books now as well.
Many thanks!
Old 02-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #38
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Happy to help!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #39
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by impry View Post
Hello again! I get an update to my question/problem. I've a really nice support in my country to my V3 (Koobe). They are really helpful. After a few letters, they sent me a possible solution! Its possible that I have to update the EPD waveform version to a newer one. I'll give it a try after work. If anybody interested, I'll post my results, and the method how to do it.
The EPD waveform version they sent you was BL_P038_00_23. I received a new BeBook late last year (under their discount coupon referral offer) and this came loaded with EPD waveform version BL_P042_00_23.

I've posted a thread on the mybebook.com forum querying the various versions, and whether Support@BeBook can make the latest/best available for users to update. I have three BeBook devices and two came loaded with P034 (which I have updated to P038) and one came with the apparently later P042 version.

Perhaps impry can try to contact Koobe again and see if they have the later version?

Also, there is an interesting blog that explains some of the technical stuff here:

http://i-to-i.irexnet.com/2007/11/09...ays-different/
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #40
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
How did you update from PO34 to PO38 I have PO34 in my BEbook.

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:11 PM   #41
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Waveforms are specific to a batch of screens, and "upgrading" them will likely result in worse image quality.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:12 PM   #42
pox67
Connoisseur

orwell2k, did you notice any difference between the screen versions?

I ordered mine late last year but got waveform 034.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #43
impry
Enthusiast

Ok guys, heres something interesting: http://www.lbook.com.ua/en/products/lbookv3new
Maybe the solution is to buy a new reader? It could be true that they using an improved Vizplex screen?
Old 04-14-2009, 04:45 PM   #44
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by impry View Post
Ok guys, heres something interesting: http://www.lbook.com.ua/en/products/lbookv3new
Maybe the solution is to buy a new reader? It could be true that they using an improved Vizplex screen?
Hmm interesting indeed! I wonder if it's really a different screen, or that only the screen controller has to be updated...
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #45
impry
Enthusiast

I think thats the same screen, but they are using a better display controller chip. Somewhere there was a rumor about that device. Well, I just dont know how to buy one from Hungary...