Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-23-2008, 09:22 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
I bought a silver and my wife a blue. In the hot Florida sun after a few hours of poolside reading they both get _very_ toasty.
I've had my 505 in Florida and I've not noticed it getting toasty. Also, we are in the summer weather here in MA and still not toasty.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:29 AM   #32
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've had my 505 in Florida and I've not noticed it getting toasty. Also, we are in the summer weather here in MA and still not toasty.
Try reading for three or four hours by the pool, in bright sunlight.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2008, 05:51 AM   #33
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Whatever the physics, the silver case on the reader makes the screen itself seem darker than the screen on the blue reader, even though the actual gray level of the screen is no doubt exactly the same.

Square "A" is the exact same color as square "B". That's the effect I've noticed. I prefer the blue reader due to the optical illusion of it making the screen seem "whiter" and thus easier to read.
Wow, color me amazed! (sic)
I actually had to copy the image into a paint program to check this, I was convinced you had to have made a mistake. If you copy a small portion of square B and move it around, you can actually 'see' it get darker as you move it towards square A.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:10 AM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Wow, color me amazed! (sic)
I actually had to copy the image into a paint program to check this, I was convinced you had to have made a mistake. If you copy a small portion of square B and move it around, you can actually 'see' it get darker as you move it towards square A.
i know, it kind of melts your brain a little doesn't it ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:44 AM   #35
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Whatever the physics, the silver case on the reader makes the screen itself seem darker than the screen on the blue reader, even though the actual gray level of the screen is no doubt exactly the same.

Square "A" is the exact same color as square "B". That's the effect I've noticed. I prefer the blue reader due to the optical illusion of it making the screen seem "whiter" and thus easier to read.

I used the same theory, but not to make the screen whiter. Instead, I bought the silver one, because it makes the letters seem darker.
And actually, from your OI-pic, the A seems better readable for me than the B
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #36
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Yup--I had to open the drawing in photoshop and prove it to myself and my hubby. Neither of us believed it.

Interesting observation athlonkmf...I have a silver 505--was kind of wishing I had the blue for better contrast, but I agree with your point--the letter on the A square does seem darker.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote