FBreader 10 11.24%
Cool Reader 8 8.99%
Moon+ reader pro 38 42.70%
other 33 37.08%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #31
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Don't you think that the author of the program deserves to be paid for it? It's not like a reading app from a bookstore, where the program is given away free to encourage you to buy from the store. The author needs to get paid.
The free version of Mantano has Ads, that's how they get paid.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #32
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Don't you think that the author of the program deserves to be paid for it? It's not like a reading app from a bookstore, where the program is given away free to encourage you to buy from the store. The author needs to get paid.
Yeah Mantano is only the highest priced ereader app on the whole store, and why should I pay for amazon cloud when I already have dropbox not to mention when I tried the Mantano cloud trial it didn't even work.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #33
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
Expensive and lower score
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #34
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Does anyone know of apps that work well with Evernote? I just want to upload quotes to Evernote so I can look at them later.

Thanks!
EbookNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:15 AM   #35
mishra
mishra began at the beginning.

Device: no
i think Kobo eBooks app is best reading app on android
mishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #36
miki2
Connoisseur
miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7", Nexus 7 (2013),
Quote:
Does anyone know of apps that work well with Evernote? I just want to upload quotes to Evernote so I can look at them later.

Thanks!
If you use CoolReader, you can go to the menu hit Toggle Selection, make your text selection and copy to clipboard; I don't use Evernote but I can open Oi Note and paste the selection there. Presumably you can paste in Evernote as well.

Hope this helps.
miki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:41 PM   #37
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
I just voted for Moon+ Reader Pro. Switching between it and Mantano for some years now I always go back to Moon+ and have been using it almost exclusively for close to a year.

I've also been using AlReader (thanks Anavim) for a week now and really like it. Had been using CoolReader to read RTF clippings but AlReader works great. Looks to have a extensive user manual...if someone would translate it into English I think it may have some less than obvious options.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:55 AM   #38
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
I've also been using AlReader (thanks Anavim) for a week now and really like it. Had been using CoolReader to read RTF clippings but AlReader works great. Looks to have a extensive user manual...if someone would translate it into English I think it may have some less than obvious options.
I'll add my vote of thanks to Anavim as well. So far, ALReader has been bug free and only lacks three things to make it my ideal reader: smaller brightness increments, a two column center margin and the option to use the internal (CSS) indents.

Regards-John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:11 PM   #39
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I'll add my vote of thanks to Anavim as well. So far, ALReader has been bug free and only lacks three things to make it my ideal reader: smaller brightness increments, a two column center margin and the option to use the internal (CSS) indents.
John, Not sure what you mean by 'two column center margin'. Two booklike pages in landcape mode?

If so, on my 10" tablet there are two pages in landscape; not so on my 7" Nex7. Both are set to System under Screen Orientation on the Main page of Options, although it seems to work them same whether set to System or Sensor. Don't know why because Moon+ Reader will display two pages in landscape on both devices.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #40
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I used Moon+ Reader pro before but I can't say that it's the best app because I haven't really gave other apps their chance to win me over. I like to change my reading background and fonts so this app fits. But I think even in times where I don't have my gadgets with me, I'd put up with any device I can get my hands on just to continue reading from my ebooks!
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:26 PM   #41
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
John, Not sure what you mean by 'two column center margin'. Two booklike pages in landcape mode?
Yep - in the two column landscape mode you have three margins; the left, the right and the center margin which is made up of the adjoining pages left and right margins. The problem is this, for example: if I wanted a center margin of 1/2 inch I would also have a quarter inch margin on both the left and the right sides. On 7 and 8 inch tablets, I would rather use the real estate for text. FBReader is the only one I know of with this ability.

Ragards-John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:23 AM   #42
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I don't need anything fancy, so I use Play Books - all my books are available on all devices and data is synced across them.
I have found that sync is hit or miss between my two devices. I like it though when it works.
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #43
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
can Play Books read pirated epub/mobi files? (I don't pirate, I just want to know... Really)
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #44
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
DRM-Free != pirated.

Almost all apps will read DRM-Free ebooks (in formats the app supports, of course), with no regard for whether they're legal or pirated. There's no "This is a pirated ebook" check performed that I know of.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:03 AM   #45
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
can Play Books read pirated epub/mobi files? (I don't pirate, I just want to know... Really)
Not mobi, but it does a good job with epubs and pdfs. You upload them from Google books on your pc and then they are available on all of your Android devices.
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote