Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Rdio deleted?

I was trying to move Rdio off my sd card to my extsd using Astro. I got an error message, the Vox froze, I turned it off and then on again and Rdio is no longer on my sd! My space has increased by the almost 1.2 gb it once occupied! I'm not dissappointed it dissappeared as I was definitely never going to use it and it was the app that took up the most space but since it was reported that we could not remove the original apps, I wasn't trying to delete...
I verified RDio using the app manager, it still has it's icon but now occupies only .9 mb and all data etc. has been deleted.
Anyone else have a similar experience?
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:36 PM   #2
mike998
Exasperated Kobo Lover
mike998 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Rdio is one of the stock apps that's bundled with the Vox.

If you truly want to dispose of it, along with any of the other apps on the Vox, check out JeffTheWorld's How-Tos...

They aren't as scary as they may seem. You have to be rooted for the removal and they are both stickied.

Rooting

App Removal/Hiding
mike998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:43 PM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have rooted my Vox and have installed his app package...I hadn't looked at the thread for a few weeks, at the time I read it originally, no instructions were there for deleting stock apps. Guess I'll look again but Rdio is the one app I really did want to get rid of and now its gone...yay!
Thanks for advice!
Old 12-13-2011, 11:52 PM   #4
Cdesja5
Wizard

Actually I just read the instructions for removal and what I did was a lot quicker and a lot less complicated even though I did it by mistake!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:55 AM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Actually I just read the instructions for removal and what I did was a lot quicker and a lot less complicated even though I did it by mistake!
I wonder if doing things like this can lead to problems later on? It would be really rotten if a few days or weeks from now you reported having a totally borked Vox and this kind of thing contributed to it.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:09 AM   #6
danifunker
Connoisseur
danifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I wonder if doing things like this can lead to problems later on? It would be really rotten if a few days or weeks from now you reported having a totally borked Vox and this kind of thing contributed to it.
Most likley, if Kobo is sending out updates by the "patching" method, this would affect updates. I recommend just to rename the apk file in /system/app to .bak, so if you need to do an update, just rename the file back and then start the update . I did that last time and the updates went through back in Nov.
danifunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
Cdesja5
Wizard

Thanks, Danifunker, will do...no problems with anything so far, all seems to work exactly as before. would have preferred that the move worked as you could always move back but it disappeared instead...