Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-17-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Full screen Hack

Gizmodo has a post on a new app that helps you force iPhone apps into full screen mode on the iPad. You have to jailbreak your iPad first, and then download the app from Cyida.

Could someone try this and post a screen shot? I'd like to see what Stanza looks like.

Thanks.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
i've used fullforce with a few different apps now, results are hit and miss. read it later for example has navigational glitches. so does reqall.

just did some quick testing with stanza, looked pretty good. no pixilated text which was nice. the images in alice were a fuzzy around the edges. i didn't notice any functionality problems, was able to download from smashwords, etc. as expected. even did the page turn effect full-screen.

Last edited by scottjl; 05-17-2010 at 09:24 PM.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
i've used fullforce with a few different apps now, results are hit and miss. read it later for example has navigational glitches. so does reqall.

just did some quick testing with stanza, looked pretty good. no pixilated text which was nice. the images in alice were a fuzzy around the edges. i didn't notice any functionality problems, was able to download from smashwords, etc. as expected. even did the page turn effect full-screen.
That does look pretty good. Thanks!
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
That is better than good, this meanes Adobe DRM ebooks in full screen with no pixelisation.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

managed to get a snapshot of the page turn effect. very speedy on the ipad, looks great. played with stanza some more, no problems at all that i can see, unlike many other iphone apps that are blown up. i guess they were smart and followed apple's hg and api's. good programming pays off.
Advert
Old 05-18-2010, 12:07 AM   #6
scottjl
Reader of Books

well spoke too soon. reading books is just fine, but I decided to go play with the reading settings while in a book, it's all a mess and twice crashed me out to the springboard. you could alter settings in non fullscreen mode, then relaunch in full, but if you are someone who likes to tweak settings while reading you might have issues.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
ylsul
Connoisseur
ylsul is on a distinguished road

I have to admit that there are some iphone apps that I find I like better on the iPad. Even though they can be blocky, the text is lots easier to read.
ylsul is offline   Reply With Quote