Notices

Old 05-04-2010, 10:14 AM   #16
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
A classic -- Ender's Game -- and the entire Ender's series - a lot now available for the Kindle.
I just came across this series a few days ago and picked up the first one in the series, so far so good
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #17
MartinParish
Author of 2184
MartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
I completely second Ender's Game and Starship Troopers. If you haven't read 'em...read 'em. You'll like 'em.
MartinParish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 11:49 PM   #18
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Is Bill Baldwin's Helmsman series available on "official" ebook format?

I have rather (actually very bad...unreadable) txt format darknet acquired copies that I would love to replace with readable EPUB files that are properly formatted and reasonably priced.
It is, but I've only found it in PDF so far.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:41 AM   #19
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Cheers.

Best put those on my "acquirement" list
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #20
Jaime_Astorga
Member Retired
Jaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS-350-SC: Sony Reader Pocket Edition
Thirding Ender's Game. Great book.

I once tried to get into the Honor Harrington series. Didn't like it, though.

Quote:
Almost all the Honor Harrington books can be downloaded free and legally here (as well as many, many other fine books).
Great link! There's also the Baen Free Library and the Fifth Imperium to get those books at, too.
Jaime_Astorga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert