Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 04:57 AM   #1
jbjb
Somewhat clueless
jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 6 Plus
EPUB Margin Adjustment

Hi,

I find that commercial EPUBs often have much too large margins for my taste (when reading them on my PRS-505), so I generally strip the DRM (for my own use only!) and adjust the margins by doing en EPUB->EPUB conversion in calibre. This works well for many files, but there are some where the output still has large margins even if I set calibre to generate zero margins. I can work around this by doing and EPUB->LIT->EPUB conversion, which always seems to work, but was wondering if there's anything obvious I could be missing.

/JB
jbjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:04 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The ePubs that keep their margins must have some CSS setting that Calibre isn't resetting.

You could try taking a look at the HTML inside the ePub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
Hi,

I find that commercial EPUBs often have much too large margins for my taste (when reading them on my PRS-505), so I generally strip the DRM (for my own use only!) and adjust the margins by doing en EPUB->EPUB conversion in calibre. This works well for many files, but there are some where the output still has large margins even if I set calibre to generate zero margins. I can work around this by doing and EPUB->LIT->EPUB conversion, which always seems to work, but was wondering if there's anything obvious I could be missing.

/JB
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 05:37 AM   #3
jbjb
Somewhat clueless
jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The ePubs that keep their margins must have some CSS setting that Calibre isn't resetting.

You could try taking a look at the HTML inside the ePub
It might be handy if Calibre had an option to completely replace the CSS style rules, as well as the existing add-to/override ability. Is such a thing feasible? (I'm no HTML/CSS expert).

/JB
jbjb is offline   Reply With Quote