Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Wink What Do You Do In Your Car?

Have you ever noticed what people get up to while stopped in their cars in traffic especially in the mornings.
I have seen people reading the newspaper. Men shaving. Women putting on their make-up. Drinking their morning fix of tea, or coffee. Eating their breakfast roll. I'll admit to drinking my coffee, but I have never put on my make-up while driving to work in the mornings. I wouldn't dream of leaving the house without full make up. Too scary. Couldn't inflict that on anyone. So what do you do in your car? Come on. Do tell. I'm curious.

Slan
Mag.

Last edited by Maggie May; 07-29-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
What Do You Do In Your Car?

A: Run into things.

BTW, did you know that if you hit a street sign in Virginia you probably won't get a ticket?

When I renewed the registration last time, I changed the color to "lumpy".

It's not that I don't like my car, it's just that I want to make it a 2 door instead of 4.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Now I know where I'm not driving!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
One morning, going to work, at 105km on the freeway, I was passed by a car waving about. The driver had toast in one hand a smoke in the other and she was propped up examining her face in the rear view mirror. Luckily she drove an automatic!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I'm boring apparently... I drive. I change the volume of my radio. And, on longer trips, I'll take a sip of water (which is in a bottle, right in front of my clutch) and a bite to eat when my husband hands it to me. I'll also look in the rear-view mirror to see if I have anybody behind me.

I see it very often, that people are waving all over the road because they're chatting with the person beside them. You know you can't chat without looking straight in the eyes of that other person...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #6
am_mread
Head Goat
am_mread is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11.
Clap my hands.
am_mread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
These days the police in the UK are really cracking down on people doing "improper" things in cars. There's a "catch-all" offence called "driving without due care and attention" that's used for such things, and people have been prosecuted for things as minor as drinking from water bottles while driving. The penalty is between 3 and 9 "points" on your licence (you get a driving ban if you get a total of 12 points), and a fine of up to £5000.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:07 PM   #8
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Since retiring, I try to stay out of my car.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #9
ahammer
cybershark
ahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it is

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
A: Run into things.

BTW, did you know that if you hit a street sign in Virginia you probably won't get a ticket?

When I renewed the registration last time, I changed the color to "lumpy".

It's not that I don't like my car, it's just that I want to make it a 2 door instead of 4.
must be hard to drive as a drunk otter. can you even see over the wheel?
ahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:34 PM   #10
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
shhhhh! there are children present!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #11
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
On occasion I'll try to put on my clip-on sunglasses, which requires two hands. It's only on a lonely country road, no car in sight. My daughter is freaked out by this! She's become quite the backseat driver. "Mom! Both hands on the wheel!" If I try to change CD's, or try to reach my cell phone. I don't talk on it while driving, but just hand it back to her to answer (it's usually for her anyway). I get so irritated with her "hands on the wheel" command, that sometimes I say "Look Mal, no hands" raising them up over my head! That really gets her!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:33 PM   #12
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
i just observe on what other people do . haha. nothing much. i enjoy looking at what they are doing.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:00 AM   #13
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
well, these days, it's talk with my kids, make up silly songs with them, or scold them (usually on the way to work when it took 20 minutes to get the little one out of bed!).

I remember when I used to commute outside of Seattle... one day I watched a mom read a book to her kids while driving through rush hour (at quite a clip), and she actually turned around the show the pictures. That blew me a way. That was a new one.

I've seen a lot of makeup application, cell phone talking (been guilty of that one), eating/drinking (eating a bowl of cereal in the car? with milk and a spoon? !!!), reading maps, etc etc.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:51 AM   #14
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
I listen to the radio or CD.

Sometimes I do something really stupid, like writting a text message in the cell while driving.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:19 AM   #15
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
I like to make phone calls while driving and I'm singing in the car (depends on what's on the radio), which can be quite embarrassing
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote