Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-27-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
Diso
Diso began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Thumbs up Great Ebook Interest!

My name is Auwalu Inuwa Diso from Nigeria.

I have been keenly interested in ebooks and ebook readers for about five years now, searching and downloading hundreds of (free) ebooks on the Internet about every topic I am curious about. Since then, I have developed a passion for the ebook industry and dreamed of thriving in it.

My interest in ebooks has led me to start a print newsletter, which I called ebook source, with the intention of educating my community about ebooks.
However, I changed the name of the publication to Web Source, so as to expand my advertising market but dedicated a column with the name eBook Source.

As a result of publishing the paper, I was invited to participate in a number of ICT awareness campaigns, where I delivered lectures on "What You Need to Know about Electronic Books."

However, after eleven editions, I discontinued the publication due to my trip to Senegal, where I spent three years working for an NGO.

I have recently returned to Nigeria and my interest in the ebook industry is as keen as ever, which is why I joined this forum.

Right now I am in the USA for a visit. One of my goals here is to purchase an ereader, probably a sony, and take it to Nigeria.

I even have a coveted goal of selling ebook readers in my country soon.
Diso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:32 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hello Diso, and welcome !
indeed, you seem to have a great passion for ebooks ! you have come to the right forum, as you will find many like-minded people here.

Your different projects sound very interesting and i wish you the greatest success in carrying them out. take a look around the forums and the wiki (there is a link at the top left of every page) to find plenty of good information, and don't hesitate to ask any questions ; you will find a lot of friendly, helpful experts around here.

since you love ebooks, i hope you have already discovered the thousands of free ebooks we have available for download here, all formatted and made available by our members. just click on the "ebooks" link in the blue navigation bar near the top of the page.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diso View Post
My name is Auwalu Inuwa Diso from Nigeria.

I have been keenly interested in ebooks and ebook readers for about five years now, searching and downloading hundreds of (free) ebooks on the Internet about every topic I am curious about. Since then, I have developed a passion for the ebook industry and dreamed of thriving in it.

My interest in ebooks has led me to start a print newsletter, which I called ebook source, with the intention of educating my community about ebooks.
However, I changed the name of the publication to Web Source, so as to expand my advertising market but dedicated a column with the name eBook Source.

As a result of publishing the paper, I was invited to participate in a number of ICT awareness campaigns, where I delivered lectures on "What You Need to Know about Electronic Books."

However, after eleven editions, I discontinued the publication due to my trip to Senegal, where I spent three years working for an NGO.

I have recently returned to Nigeria and my interest in the ebook industry is as keen as ever, which is why I joined this forum.

Right now I am in the USA for a visit. One of my goals here is to purchase an ereader, probably a sony, and take it to Nigeria.

I even have a coveted goal of selling ebook readers in my country soon.
Welcome, Diso. I wish you luck in your goals. Have you seen the books available for download here?
Enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Diso and welcome to the Forum. be sure and let us know which eBook Reader you decide on.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #5
Diso
Diso began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Thank you so much for your welcoming messages. I am indeed busy with getting around the site. Expect my questions and comments shortly.
Diso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert