Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-30-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
rozie123
Enthusiast
rozie123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
PDF File Conversion

Greeting s all. Original document in PDF format. Question: what is the preferred conversion type Word or RTF for reading on Sony Reader? Are there advantages or disadvantages in either?

Thank you.

Happy New Year to all!
rozie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:25 PM   #2
Sceaden
Sceaden began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I've been lurking for quite awhile and still relatively new but I thought i'd try to answer your question. Others can correct me if i'm wrong.

The sony reader actually converts DOC format to RTF using MS Word. So from the two listed formats, the default would be RTF. If your PDF contains images or tables, I believe these will also be lost in the conversion.

I personally haven't tried the Sony DOC to RTF conversion as I don't have MS Word installed on my system (I use Open Office), so I can't comment on any result comparisons between Sony's auto conversion or other utilities. However, any RTF file I created with other software to retain image or table data within it is considered corrupted by the Sony software.

If your PDF file is just text data with some formatting, then the LIBPRS500 utility PDF2LRF works great. Scan/search the rest of the forum and stickies for other utilities and tricks.

Hope that helps!

-Scea
Sceaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2007, 07:50 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
For text based PDF's I've had the most appealing results by opening it with Book Designer & after a little formatting saving it as an LRF.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
gk59
gk59 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
PDF appears in a very small font on my Sony ebook reader. Which adobe program will allow to change the font size, so that PDF file will be readable on a ereader?
gk59 is offline   Reply With Quote