Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-28-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
RayMorgan
RayMorgan began at the beginning.

Device: EB-1150
sony 505 UK Launch

It seem that the sony 505 UK launch at the London Book Fair failed to materialise, leaving all the UK wannabe owners disappointed.
However i dont think we will have to wait to much longer? My son receives E-Mails from sony on new products and what was interesting was the email showed a picture of the sony reader. I have included a quote from the email.

"Quote":
Sony is a proud sponsor of Grand Designs Live and this year it’s back and bigger than ever offering the latest advancements in home innovation.

Grand Interiors is one of the main areas of the show and it is sponsored by Sony. This year it includes The House of the Future, a showcase of innovations in design and technology. Helping to revolutionise the way we live, this is your chance to be among the first to see the latest Sony products like the Blu-ray Disc™ player, Handycam® camcorder and Bravia models, plus our amazing OLED TV and Rolly.

Get a glimpse of the future and get inspired with one of 950 pairs of tickets to Grand Designs Live at London’s ExCel, from 3 - 11 May.

Enter now for your chance to win one of 950 tickets

Find out more about the latest products from Sony
"end quote"
RayMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:40 AM   #2
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Where in this quotation is any mentioning of Sony Reader? The picture might be from their American headquarters and whoever was composing the email have no clue what is Sony Reader they didn't even notice it on the pic.

I didn't believe in London Book Fair&Sonny Reader announcement. I ordered it from the USA. All the promises of launching it in the not-so-distant future are not worth the loss of pleasure of actually owning , using and reading it.

I am sure that one day they will launch the reader in the UK.
Well ...maybe.
If they are still in ebook business when they decide to launch it over here. Because quite possible that when they decide to do it, they will abandone Sony Reader alltogether as a non-profit gadget and the market will be taken over by Amazon.co.uk and maybe some chinese readers.

Last edited by astra; 04-29-2008 at 05:43 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
RayMorgan
RayMorgan began at the beginning.

Device: EB-1150
Who knows? you may be right? One can only hope it won't be to long.
I personally dont want to import because there is no warrantee. and at the moment i can use my 1150 for reading my books.

The sony reader is still shown on PLAY as comming soon, so i am prepared to wait.
RayMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote