Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
blackxacto
Enthusiast
blackxacto began at the beginning.

Device: iMac 10,1, OSX10.9
Question Making an ebook from multiple Rich Text docs on a Mac

I have 74 Rich Text documents in a folder. I downloaded and installed "Create ebook from selected files" Automator file. I selected my 74 files, right clicked and selected "Create ebook from selected files". Named the new ebook and closed.

Opened Calibre. Added my new ebook. Opened the ebook. There are only around 7 chapters or pages in the book. Not 73.

Where am I missing how to do this procedure? There should be 73 chapters, right?

27" iMac, 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 12gig RAM, OSX10.8.2, 1 TBHD
blackxacto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Did you first check the file before putting it into calibre to ensure it wasn't missing content. Calibre doesn't alter content by adding a book to the library. So if it's missing it's probably the automator file didn't properly add all files.

A second possibility is all of the content is there but the automator file didn't create a separate section for each input file. It could have only split when the file size reached a certain amount. Say the average file size is 10k and it's going to make each section within the book 100k it could be packing about 10 files into a single section.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert