Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
oldbwl
Zealot
oldbwl doesn't litteroldbwl doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300
WMF Files - suggestion

I use RTF as the base for most of my docs, Many have embedded WMF files, which I usually can strip. If I need them I do all my reformatting then save as HTML and convert to epub & mobi from there.

However, some of the images are tiny, and due to my lack of diligence sometimes (read as frequently lol!) images are overlooked. Oh I do have a macro to remove all images, but that is a blunt tool and is used sparingly.

It would be great if Calibre did not create such a huge cover sized image to warn that there was an offending WMF in the original doc.

I ask if it is possible to add a tweak(s) to
a) silently drop images (with nothing placed in their stead) which could not be converted - with a warning at the end of the conversion
&/or
b) specify our own image to replace the WMF - with appropriate warning
&/or
c) Set a size constraint.
&/or
d) for those who rely on the current process to leave as is.

And if I have typed this out despite the system already capable of doing something like this I apologise, I have looked but found nothing suitable.

Cheers
Dan

Last edited by oldbwl; 08-17-2013 at 11:17 AM.
oldbwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
oldbwl
Zealot

BTW, I know I could develop a Regex Search and Replace, but this would operate silently and no warning given that images had been replaced/removed, hence my susgestion for the tweak.
Advert
Old 08-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I could probably add an option to RTF Input to ignore WMF images, open a bug report requesting the feature and attach a sample RTF file with WMF images (I dont want to have to hunt one down).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #4
oldbwl
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I could probably add an option to RTF Input to ignore WMF images, open a bug report requesting the feature and attach a sample RTF file with WMF images (I dont want to have to hunt one down).
Done

Thank you for your attention.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:50 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Moved thread out of development forum. Please read the "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - The purpose of this subforum" sticky post at the top of the development forum before posting again to that forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2013, 02:30 AM   #6
oldbwl
Zealot

Thank you Kovid for doing this so quickly, very much appreciated.
(And apologies for posting originally in wrong section)
Old 08-20-2013, 02:51 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbwl View Post
Thank you Kovid for doing this so quickly, very much appreciated.
(And apologies for posting originally in wrong section)
No apology required. The thread was complete so I performed a little housekeeping. I noted it as a mod for those that follow so they may read and learn.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, images, tweaks