Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur
Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question KPW Win8 x64 PuTTy network error: connection refused

I have a problem to connect via PuTTy to my Kindle Paperwhite. (Jailbreak and usbnetwork installed.) I installed the following driver for windows 8 x64 on this site. I configured the network (IP: 192.168.2.1 subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 and optional gateway 192.168.2.1) but when i try to connect via PuTTy ( IP: 192.168.2.1; Port: 22) I get only an "network error: connection refused" error.

Knows anybody what i have to do?

This is my first time that i do stuff like this, so don't be annoyed when this sounds noob.

EDIT: Mhh, after i tried to change the network ip to 192.168.15.201 (how it is written in the wiki) and used this IP 192.168.15.244 in PuTTy, the connection was created successfully.

Last edited by Bagerfahrer; 01-17-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Bagerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagerfahrer View Post
EDIT: Mhh, after i tried to change the network ip to 192.168.15.201 (how it is written in the wiki) and used this IP 192.168.15.244 in PuTTy, the connection was created successfully.
I am happy to hear that you got it working by following the instructions properly.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
This break in linkage from a PC having one IP address to Two IP addresses freaks people out.

Simple as that really.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote