Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
dcgogo
dcgogo began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
plants vs zombies on the edge?

hi, sorry if i am posting this in the wrong area, i'm new and just got an edge. I snagged the pvz apk from amazon market (i'm running 2.2 froyo) when it launches i get a black screen with an hourglass icon - then it just crashes and takes me back to the desktop of the tablet... Anyone on here get it to work?

thanks!
dcgogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
nope, I've had similar problems(mine doesn't crash but just hangs on the black screen, sometimes music will play a bit), I don't think that there is any way to fix it, as its most likely due to the eDGe hardware not being able to run the game.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #3
yugami
Connoisseur
yugami began at the beginning.

Device: PRS+950
Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
nope, I've had similar problems(mine doesn't crash but just hangs on the black screen, sometimes music will play a bit), I don't think that there is any way to fix it, as its most likely due to the eDGe hardware not being able to run the game.
Emusan, do you have the Android SDK setup? If so hook your edge to your computer and run 'adb logcat > log.txt' in a terminal window.

then launch the game

Then go back to the terminal once the game is fully froze up and hit ctrl c and run notepad log.txt

You can scan the system logs for errors.
yugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
dcgogo
dcgogo began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
thanks for replying emusan and yugami

on a side note, - have you guys had any luck with the move application to SD card option? Everytime i try (with any app) i get failed to move to sd
dcgogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
Sjarrel
The Trying Dutchman
Sjarrel began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
Option to move app to sd-card doesn't work.
Sjarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #6
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I tried Plants vs. Zombies, too. Got music with black screen first try, black screen second time. It is a huge file compared to my other apps (73MB?). I was thinking maybe if I killed everything else it might run, but not worth it to me so I deleted it. Still have it to try again if someone finds us more app storage/memory/graphics/CPU or whatever the game needs.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote