Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
avreader64
avreader64 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
Fictionwise down

The Fictionwise website is down due to server maintenance. It doesn't say when it will be back up.
avreader64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Seems to be up for me!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2009, 09:17 AM   #3
avreader64

Every time I try to buy a book, I get the server message. I've been getting it since yesterday. Any ideas?
Old 04-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just to test, I've bought a book that was on my "wanted" list anyway. No problems at all.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:29 AM   #5
avreader64

Thanks Harry. Maybe it is just my computer or my account.
Advert
Old 04-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Perhaps it's your payment method - have you tried paying a different way, eg PayPal or Micropay? I payed with Micropay.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #7
avreader64

I think it was my computer. I restarted it and then could get into my bookshelf and wish list on Fictionwise. So sorry for the false alarm!
Old 04-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
Archergal5219
Semi-retired semi-hero
Archergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Palm Zire71, EEE PC901, Sony PRS-505
I can't currently get to Fictionwise.com or ereader.com. (1517 EDT 4/11/09)
Archergal5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:06 AM   #9
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Yup, fictionwise is down (10 PM Pacific, April 11). I think I also tried a couple of hours and ago and the site was also down then. I'm hoping they'll be back up with a "surprise".
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:21 AM   #10
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
It's back up.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:11 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by avreader64 View Post
I think it was my computer. I restarted it and then could get into my bookshelf and wish list on Fictionwise. So sorry for the false alarm!
Good to hear that you got the matter resolved.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:19 AM   #12
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Seems to be down again. I keep getting "The page cannot be found" messages.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:54 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Up for me now.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:49 AM   #14
kardava
kardava began at the beginning.

Device: iliad, iPad & iphone
down for me getting page cannot be found
kardava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:08 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Yes - down for me now, too .