Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
ghero
Connoisseur
ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently owned: Nook HD+, pyrus mini. Previously owned: Sony prs-t2.
Does need for speed most wanted works well on Arc?

Can you see the road and everthing well? Just want to make sure it is compatible with arc before I get it from google play.
ghero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:42 AM   #2
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
can't speak for NFS but since the update i have had to uninstall Riptide, Beach Buggy Blitz and Real Racing 2 due to touch screen issues making the games unplayable. have this morning downloaded asphalt7 so will let you know how i get on with it
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 04:42 AM   #3
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

after playing a few games the same problem still occurs. when touching the screen to turn right there is sometimes no reaction. 4 racing games on 2 different arc's have displayed this problem. sadly given the demonstrated indifference of Kobo developers i don't expect a fast fix. Archos 97 here i come
Old 02-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevov View Post
can't speak for NFS but since the update i have had to uninstall Riptide, Beach Buggy Blitz and Real Racing 2 due to touch screen issues making the games unplayable. have this morning downloaded asphalt7 so will let you know how i get on with it
Very odd. I have both Riptide and Beach Buggy Blitz and I've never noticed this using touch screen controls. Or maybe I missed it. I'll have to pay attention next time I play.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #5
stevov
Groupie

demonstrated this to the place i bought it from which was the reason i got another one which i posted about on another thread sadly the second one is doing the same thing. the other big problem i have now is low volume when using headphones. wish i'd taken the moneyback offer when i had the chance. Live and learn
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #6
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevov View Post
demonstrated this to the place i bought it from which was the reason i got another one which i posted about on another thread sadly the second one is doing the same thing. the other big problem i have now is low volume when using headphones. wish i'd taken the moneyback offer when i had the chance. Live and learn
Well I played Beach Buggy Blitz for a good hour tonight (wife was watching Smash and I definitely didn't need to watch that living hell) and I never had a single control issue. I'm not doubting you but I am now very suspicious of my arc. Was it consistent or intermittent?
Old 02-20-2013, 02:16 AM   #7
stevov
Groupie

Initially intermittent but progressively worse .tried hard resets, every combo of uninstall to see if an app was to blame nothing worked. Sometimes I would play almost completely through the levels before it started, tried different settings in the game ie resolution no difference. Maybe I have an electrical problem wth my right thumb as I've said before the update at least too me has had a negative effect on the touch screen as a whole. Its a shame as I like a lot about the tablet but as time goes on little things keep cropping up. I get the feeling this was rushed out to catch Xmas and behind the scenes a complete rethink is going on. This tablet had a good spec but it has rapidly become second tier. Look at the spec and price of the new archos titanium series. Also compare their platinum series. I bought this as a tablet not a reader, somethings it does well others it is lacking. Things like BBC iplayer don't work and they should. Typing on this is a nightmare of correction, cursor keeps jumping back to the beginning and again on two different tablets the touch experience is inconsistant to say the least. Predictive text is a joke the bigger prediction is wither it registers the touch or not. Rant over, maybe just the luck off the draw.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #8
RareBird
Addict

Ok well I'm now knocking on every piece of wood I can find. I'm in Canada and don't use BBC iplayer so I can't comment on that one but I haven't seen any of the problems you mention (except predictive text which is never good on any device I've used and I always get a laugh from autocorrect on ipad/iphone). Maybe I've been lucky and I should go buy a lotto ticket. Or maybe I'm due for a spectacular fail. Only time will tell but so far so good. Sorry for your troubles.