Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #181
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Dithyr would make mplayer movies now work out of the box as well..
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #182
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur
Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hey guys,
I am really enjoying to try to have debian on my Kindle Paperwhite but is isn't simple for me as a noob. I made 'sudo multistrap -a armel -d multistrap-debian-sid -f SID/simple-config' and had successfully created the debian.ext3 file. What I have to do now? Must I move the filesystem what was created from multistrap to the mounted debian.ext3 file?

EDIT: Ohh i found out that I have to create the filesystem in the mounted debian.ext3 file but it would be no problem when I move the filesystem afterward in the mounted debian.ext3?

EDIT˛: Yes it is okay. I red all posts again... ^^
What I have exactly mount from /mnt/debian/ to /? Maybe only these?
Quote:
mount -o bind /dev /mnt/debian/dev
mount -o bind /dev/pts /mnt/debian/dev/pts
mount -o bind /proc /mnt/debian/proc
mount -o bind /sys /mnt/debian/sys
And which parameters I need to install the .deb files in /mnt/debian/ and not maybe in /? So what i have to do after i mounted debian.ext3 to /mnt/debian?

Last edited by Bagerfahrer; 01-20-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Bagerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #183
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=20
and
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=35
were my efforts.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #184
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur
Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Yea, this thread was really helpful but there s no more instruction what to do after succesfully mounting. How I install these .deb files exactly? Or what to bind to /? There is an wiki entry but there is no information about how to install the .deb files correctly.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:36 AM   #185
twobob

What .deb files?

Quote:
dpkg --force-depends -i /root/libmokoui2-0_0.3+bzr20080630-0ubuntu4_armel.deb
apt-get --no-install-recommends -f install

dpkg -i /root/matchbox-desktop_2.0-4.1_armel.deb

dpkg --force-depends -i /root/matchbox-desktop_2.0-4.1_armel.deb

dpkg --force-depends -i /root/matchbox-panel-2_0.9.3-8_armel.deb

dpkg -i /root/matchbox-keyboard_0.1+svn20121101+really20080916-1_armel.deb

dpkg -i /root/matchbox-keyboard-im_0.1+svn20121101+really20080916-1_armel.deb

read post 36+37... not "required"!
Advert
Old 01-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #186
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur

Nice one... ^^

I wouldn't answer if there is no problem...
When I press 'apt-get --no-install-recommends -f install' then my Kindle stopped under 100%. You can write only things like C^ and so on. The Kindle still alive and I can close the terminal only via menu. After that i can't reopen kterm and if the Kindle goes to sleep mode then you can't wake the Kindle up anymore. In my opinion it is overloaded but why i can close the terminal and can write weird things then?
I can't chroot on VMware because VMware doesn't support arm distribution, or???
Could only created successfully the .ext3 file and put Debian on it but I can't install the .deb files on VMware nor on the Kindle.

Last edited by Bagerfahrer; 01-21-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #187
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Use a Linux LiveCD not VMware.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #188
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Use a Linux LiveCD not VMware.
Which one you would recommend me?
Old 01-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #189
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagerfahrer View Post
Which one you would recommend me?
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

You only need the CD version - not the DVD version -
Burn to CD -
Boot -
Follow directions to transfer to write-able media (flash drive, cf disk, whatever) -
If you machine can't boot from that same write-able media - then also download the "CD boot" disk - which lets the computer boot from the cd and will then boot from the write-able media.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:33 AM   #190
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur

removed

Last edited by Bagerfahrer; 01-22-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #191
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur

Yay, I have Debian on my Kindle.
(I chrooted Debian with qemu)

The only problem is that when I start launch-debian.sh that the coming screen stay black but the titlebar is available and I can press on it to open the extended titlebar to go home or somethings else.

My silly question is what can I do now???
I really have to say thanks to you guys for the done work here.

Last edited by Bagerfahrer; 01-23-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #192
twobob

apt-get install "something"

Mate I remember that you cant do screenshots easily... ??

But honestly a screen-shot would go a long to helping you now.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #193
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur

There is not much to see... but i upload it for you that you can see it.
Something will loaded but what would I see when it was successful?
Maybe the better question is how can I correct this mistake?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_01_23T22_34_46+0100.png
Views:	279
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	99951   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_01_23T22_34_53+0100.png
Views:	274
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	99952  

Last edited by Bagerfahrer; 01-23-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #194
twobob

OOOh... errr... um... good question? thinking on that.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #195
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur

What would be the problem? Which part of matchbox is it and maybe I should apt-get update & upgrade? Don't know what is the problem there...

Maybe I should first think and then write my questions.

Last edited by Bagerfahrer; 01-23-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Tags
debian, kindle, paperwhite