Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-13-2012, 06:19 AM   #1
tempestadept
tempestadept began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx BOOX i62M Pilgrim
File names on device

Hello.
I've purchased an Onyx BOOX reader which does not use any internal library management program, books are accessed as actual files in memory.
When I send books from Calibre to the device, they are stored with asciized names (just like in calibre's own library) which is really inconvenient (most of the authors and titles are in Russian).
Is there a way to tell calibre not to asciize everything when sending books to the device?
tempestadept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Under Preferences->Import/Export->Saving Books to Disk you want to make sure that you have not got the "Convert non-English characters to English Equivalents" set (I think that the default is to have it set). Whether this will give you want I am not sure but it is worth trying.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
tempestadept

Yes, I've checked this. 'Save on disk' exports files with cyrillic names, but the same template elements are expanded in asciized form when sending books to device.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No books sent to devices always have their names asciiized. That is not going to change.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
tempestadept

Well, at least the code is clean and it was easy to make a small dirty fix for myself )
Advert