Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
exodus1999
Enthusiast
exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook classic, nook color
Low battery = touch screen issues?

Anyone having weird issues with the touchpanel when the battery gets low?

-when i had the keyboard out it would click multiple buttons,
- turning pages would go multiple pages or skip around
- unlocking the nook (slide bar) id have to do it slow and a bit below the icon

When i charged it back up overnight it worked fine. Anyone else have this?
exodus1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Not yet. I haven't gone below the 1/2 mark. I charge it at that point.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
not yet and I haven't put it down since I got on Thursday.

I usually let it run down to the warning dialog box
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
exodus1999
Enthusiast
exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

let it discharge and see, if it is a reoccuring issue BN should fix it, if its just mine i should replace it
Old 11-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
[QUOTE=exodus1999;1230024]let it discharge and see, if it is a reoccuring issue BN should fix it, if its just mine i should replace it[/QUOTE

Ok I'll give it shot but I do let mine get down pretty far, last night I let it down to under 10%. That's about my comfort zone, but I'll push for 5%
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I'll play along! Well, that could be taken the wrong way. I won't top mine off.

Last edited by SCION; 11-22-2010 at 02:24 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
exodus1999
Enthusiast

i think mine was around the 10% so it could be just mine, ill find out tonight or tomorrow when its low.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #8
bilbothejust
Enthusiast
bilbothejust is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad -> Nook Color
I have had some issues with the screen changing to another place even though I didn't touch the screen, and the battery was almost fully charged. Additionally I've found that if I am browsing a list up and down the 'touch' is very sensitive. Almost too sensitive because it launches when I don't want it to. Since the Nook Color runs Android OS I wish there was a way to adjust this sensitivity and here's to hoping either someone roots the NC soon or B&N updates the OS with more controls.
bilbothejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:14 PM   #9
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I have noticed this issue when the battery is low and when I am using the nook plugged in. It causes major problems with the detection of the touch screen and is definitely something they need to address in a future firmware update.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote