Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-15-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
JTAL604622
Enthusiast
JTAL604622 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 900
Need help with weird library

It seems some of my books have become detached...I had sever books that were there in my library as epub, but today the format is missing...i noticed it when i was reconverting them to make them darker with css change. The error says no known type available or somethign to that effect....is there a way to find out which ones they are without digging through all my books? somethin g like book:false....if only right.

JTAL604622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTAL604622 View Post
It seems some of my books have become detached...I had sever books that were there in my library as epub, but today the format is missing...i noticed it when i was reconverting them to make them darker with css change. The error says no known type available or somethign to that effect....is there a way to find out which ones they are without digging through all my books? somethin g like book:false....if only right.

not formats:EPUB
formats:false
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
JTAL604622
Enthusiast

Perfect thanks.

it was weird i never saw that when i worked on Linux, moment i attached the library to windows ...bam. not sure if its related, but it'll never touch my gaming pc ever again...

Ill give a shot and see if i can correct the issue
Old 11-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTAL604622 View Post
Perfect thanks.

it was weird i never saw that when i worked on Linux, moment i attached the library to windows ...bam. not sure if its related, but it'll never touch my gaming pc ever again...

Ill give a shot and see if i can correct the issue
I would recommend not using the same library with Windows and Linux as the way they treat upper case and lower case in file names is different and it causes problems.
I had similar problems when I was using ubuntu and Windows once I stopped using calibre in ubuntu I have had no problems.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
JTAL604622
Enthusiast

No Linux aagghh....

I could not imagine my life without linux...oh how dark it would be..lol.

I have a windows machine cause of my job as network admin, but at home we are a linux house.
Advert