Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-15-2014, 07:04 AM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Using PG

Suddenly, when I try to download a book from PG, what I get is the Bibliographic Record rather than the book.

There are other methods of getting the HTML of the book, but I'm curious about what I have done and not found.

I'm using IE9.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:20 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
What program are you using, Charlie? If it is IE, try disabling Active X filtering under safety.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:45 PM   #3
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Correction : I read PG as PC, so assumed the PC Library here.

Re PG, I sometime also experience funnies there as to what downloads, but the issue has always gone away within a short time. Compatibility View may still help though if problem is ongoing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe you had the Compatibility View Button selected previously (at the right hand end of the url address bar in IE9, looks like a page torn in half) and have accidently disabled it.

There is an server end issue in MobileRead causing unpredictable behaviour, my experience is what you get differs from PC to PC even if using the same OS and IE.

Compatability Mode or View (depending on IE version) has always worked for me, but now using IE11 (of the large universe of sites I visit, MobileRead is the only one that needs this), and was last exercised in downloading your current Henry James additions to the library, for which many thanks from me to you.

Last edited by AnotherCat; 03-15-2014 at 04:10 PM.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #4
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Double posted during edit above
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote