Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
kuhboose
kuhboose began at the beginning.

Device: none
Looking For Kindle Developers

Hello!

The Organization I'm involved in has an App for Apple, Windows, and Android. However we'd like to get it set up in Amazon's app store for the kindle.

Is there a certain company I can contact for this? I had a hard time searching for developers on google.
kuhboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhboose View Post
Hello!

The Organization I'm involved in has an App for Apple, Windows, and Android. However we'd like to get it set up in Amazon's app store for the kindle.

Is there a certain company I can contact for this? I had a hard time searching for developers on google.
A company?
I don't recall a company name being mentioned here.

Some of the developers here also do this sort of work in their day-job ("for hire").
So keep an eye on your PM mailbox.

Although posting in multiple forums is generally discouraged.
In this case you might try posting your requirements in the main Kindle forum also.

You should reach a larger audience that may include people who **only** do development 'for hire' or have knowledge of a company that does.

Last edited by knc1; 08-30-2013 at 09:40 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
kuhboose

Well thank you!

I didn't post in any other forums to be obnoxious. This is the forum I got to through a google search, so I apologize if I did something wrong!

And I was asking in general if there exists a company that makes kindle apps. But I'll post in a more general forum looking for Kindle developers, I appreciate your response.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
kuhboose

I won't repost in the general forum just yet, But if anyone reads this and is interested in helping out with kindle app development send me a message!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhboose View Post
Well thank you!

I didn't post in any other forums to be obnoxious. This is the forum I got to through a google search, so I apologize if I did something wrong!

And I was asking in general if there exists a company that makes kindle apps. But I'll post in a more general forum looking for Kindle developers, I appreciate your response.
You didn't do anything wrong.

I only suggested that this might be a good exception to the "no cross-posting" rule.

Just because I haven't heard of a company name, that does not mean that someone else here hasn't (or happens to work for one).

Yes - I did divert from the topic of "Company" to the topic of "Individual" in part of my response.

The reason for the "Main Kindle Forum" was based on how "development for hire" industry works.

• In some cases, the employees of such firms are **prohibited** by company policy to do "competing work for free".
  • In other cases, the individual that does such work "for hire" (either as an individual or as a company employee) is not interested in doing the same "for free".

In either of those two cases above, it is unlikely that you will find that person in this "free stuff" forum.
But they might well be a regular viewer of the main Kindle forum.

If your application requires the resources of an entire company . . .
Then I guess I am wasting both of our time suggesting that you try to find an individual person.
And I am sorry for the noise in your thread in that case.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
kuhboose

That makes sense! I appreciate your response and suggestions, I get exactly what you're saying.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #7
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
If you want to "officially" publish it in the Amazon App Store, there's probably no way around contacting Amazon and applying for "membership" for the KDK. I applied there twice and never heard back from them, but if you are a company you may have more luck, especially if you have a concrete idea for the app you want to publish - which you do.

Depending on the complexity of the App, you may be able to do it "in-house" and re-use a lot of code from the Android version - apps for both Android and Kindle are essentially written in Java.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:07 PM   #8
kuhboose

fantastic, I will look into this, Thank you!

Tags
developers, kindle