Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
jeremy_ahn
Banned
jeremy_ahn began at the beginning.

Device: any
"The Halo Rule" by Teresa Leo

I have nothing to gain by promoting and giving mad props to this book. The author hates me.
I am 'propping' this book because it kicks ass and deserves the attention.
I am not playing favorites, but being fair. After all: the author of this work hates me (Google the short story, "Teresa Leo Helps Me Steal Cable" to find out more of our history on why).

I originally guest-blogged on the LOVELY, LOVELY, LOVELY "MOLLY GAUDRY"'s blog:
http://greencitynews.blogspot.com/20...eremy-ahn.html

Here is my review of this book:

Teresa Leo is one of the most talented and visceral poets writing today. Yet she has not had any new work published in a few years now. Could it be due to her first poetry collection not generating enough attention or praise in the community of poets? Could it be her lack of internet presence that has allowed her amazing book to go relatively unheralded and fly under the radar while Billy Collins’s latest and weakest shoots to the top of the NY Times Bestseller List? Indeed, this was suggested in my flash fiction, "Teresa Leo Helps Me Steal Cable," in which the antihero narrates, “I wondered why she [poet, Teresa Leo] was mad at me, and not at the person who threw away her book to the trash, where it did not belong? After all, I salvaged her work and praised it to complete strangers and wrote short fiction stories about how awesome her poetry is for no reason other than to obsolete the MacGuffin as a constant plot device while promoting her shit because she doesn’t even have a Facebook account.”

The only web presence Ms. Leo seems to officially run is http://www.teresaleo.com, but no Facebook or Twitter or other social networking site. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know. I sincerely believe that, like a cult classic having found its following only through its second life on home release via VHS or DVD, Teresa Leo’s monumental achievement of poeticism and “eroto-emotional” rollercoaster, The Halo Rule, will find the appreciative audience it so richly deserves and yearns for, and earns in aces . . . via the Internet-word-of-digital-mouth that is the blogosphere.

With this guest entry on the always charming Ms. Molly Gaudry’s blog, I hope to evangelize some converts on over to the joy of knowing the writings of this unsung diamond in the wasteland. Teresa Leo – discover her and her work. She truly is a treasure.

Last edited by jeremy_ahn; 10-09-2009 at 03:15 PM.
jeremy_ahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:06 AM   #2
jeremy_ahn
Banned
jeremy_ahn began at the beginning.

Device: any
OK, don't Google for that story about why this author hates me. I posted it here for convenience: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=616895
jeremy_ahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
blog, halo rule, molly gaudry, poetry, teresa leo