Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Editing filenames and properties on the Cybook

Is it possible, when the Cybook is hooked via Calibre ? I have tried and I do not see the tags, and cannot edit anything. I have tried looking in the whole thread but I do not seem to find anything.
Thanks in advance for the help.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The Cybook (every supported device except the PRS readers) does not support editing the metadata on the device. The Cybook work as a mass storage device. To edit the metadata you would have to edit the metadata in the file directly. Due to the complexity this is not supported. It might be in the future though.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Use mobi2mobi to edit the Mobipocket metadata. Do a search for mobi2mobi to find out where to get it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:42 AM   #4
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Use mobi2mobi to edit the Mobipocket metadata. Do a search for mobi2mobi to find out where to get it.
Thanks. I thought I could actually avoid using it and just use calibre only. Guess it'll have to wait. Maybe there is already a ticket for metadata modification on the device, I'll look. Is it a physical impossibility or just a decision taken during the SW implementantion, as far as you know ?
Old 05-01-2009, 07:57 AM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
Is it a physical impossibility or just a decision taken during the SW implementantion, as far as you know ?
It is a software implementation due to the complexity of the functionality. With 0.6 (upcoming) the complexity for this is reduced. I will look into adding it once it is released because I have quite a bit to do working up to the release.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2009, 08:08 AM   #6
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
It is a software implementation due to the complexity of the functionality. With 0.6 (upcoming) the complexity for this is reduced. I will look into adding it once it is released because I have quite a bit to do working up to the release.
That will be wonderful. Thanks.