Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-10-2009, 07:36 AM   #1
wintersway
wintersway began at the beginning.

Device: Sony-505
Hello!

Long time e-book reader. Started with the Rocketbook and just ordered a Sony 505.
I am currently using an eb-1150 and in some ways , for me, it is the perfect e-book reader. If it supported more formats, particularly PDFs, I would not have thrown down for the 505. Well, maybe when I get the 505 the screen will blow me away and I'll be sorry I didn't make the transition sooner!
wintersway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:46 AM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Hello Wintersway - nice to meet you .

I hope you really enjoy the 505 when it arrives; but PDFs are often difficult for such readers to handle.

I can get on with PDFs on my CyBook, but a lot of people report difficulties getting them to display satisfactorily.

It will be interesting to hear what you think!
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2009, 09:05 AM   #3
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi wintersway and welcome!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi! Welcome!

I had a deep emotional attachment to my EBW1150 also. I finally switched to the 505 at Xmas because it was becoming too difficult to get content. I have poor eyesight, so I would have to get unsecure mobi books and then run them through a process which allowed me to massively enlarge the fonts.

I gave it to my co-worker friend, who is happily devouring thrillers at the speed of light now.

Welcome to MR, and Happy Reading!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi wintersway and welcome to the Forum. I've had a 505 for over a year now and am very pleased. I expect you will be too. Be sure and let us know what you think once it arrives.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert