Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 06:34 AM   #1
desrtfreak
desrtfreak is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle3
kindle3 gmail

When I tried to access gmail on my kindle3 by going to m.gmail.com in the browser I couldn't fill in the name and pw in the boxes, keys didn't function.
The full site showed me a screen where I could login, however after loading the site kept reloading and i couldn't access any of the mails.
Searching the web I found a link which gave me a mobile version of gmail on my kindle3. Here is the link: http://bit.ly/g_mail.
For tasks you can use the URL http://bit.ly/g_tasks.
The link where I found this info is
http://www.teleread.com/paul-biba/so...mail-shortcut/

it seems so that the links are using android apps which apparently work on kindle3. Anyway I now have a nice mobile gmail which looks and works great on my kindle3
desrtfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, desrtfreak.

Glad you got your problem solved.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Thanks for the tips. Works great.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
rand
rand began at the beginning.

Device: prs505s
I am thinking of buying a Kindle 3, and I was wondering. Once they activate the mic, do you think that "Call phones from Gmail" could eventually operate on the Kindle? I think that if you could call your buddy from the kindle while reading would be awesome!!
rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #5
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rand View Post
I am thinking of buying a Kindle 3, and I was wondering. Once they activate the mic, do you think that "Call phones from Gmail" could eventually operate on the Kindle? I think that if you could call your buddy from the kindle while reading would be awesome!!
Amazon and Google would need to work together to specifically support that. You need to install a special Google Voice/Video chat plugin for it work in your regular browser and there would need to be the equivalent for the Kindle browser.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #6
rand
rand began at the beginning.

Device: prs505s
So it is possible, but may not be happen, I can keep hoping. Thanks Tiersten!!
rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #7
tarke9891
Enthusiast
tarke9891 doesn't littertarke9891 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G
I had the same problem with the mobile ver but I logged into the www.gmail.com site and hit the remember me thing and then went to the m.gmail.com. Had the same problem with m.facebook.com, also did the same thing.
tarke9891 is offline   Reply With Quote