Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-06-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
Confused

Hello friends,

Since I am three device old now( Cybook Gen3 , Irex Dr 1000 & Sony Reader) , I am no novice but since I have just one device left , gen3 been broken and sony reader stolen (not a good feeling ... ) .. I am with my DR , and it's a treat to read on that , but it's a bi** to travel with it.

I am thinking again to treat myself with something smaller at Christmas , but don't know what to do , should I go with a 6" or 5" device , obviously I want to do only fiction reading. In case peeps who have owned both 6 and 5"(harry I know you have both) , any particular commments on 5" vs 6" ?

With many products coming up in the market , what would you suggest now ? Any thing in particular to hold on to ? Sony reader has spoiled me with it's Dictionary ..

What I want ? Good battery (I own a Irex digital reader hehe) , and easy switch off/on mode , dictionary (can it get easier than sony reader) and that's about it..

low expectations ?
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
cough cough
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I've never had a 5'' ereader, but as far as I can see, their main strength is portability while still having a resonably large screen compared to a smart phone.

It does sound as if you should buy yourself another Sony. If you want a dictionary (I think that's great myself), you have the choice between Sony 600, the Kindle and the JetBook (apart from the DR of course). With the Kindle you can even use a translation dictionary (with a little fiddling for non-English input languages) - also for the JetBook BTW.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote