Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-05-2013, 02:27 AM   #1
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Kobo Aura Hd or not?

Hi

I own a Kobo Glo which I like a lot. Now I am considering to buy another ereader, and I am considering Aura HD. I like the weight and size of Glo quite a bit. But HD one adds nice resolution and more screen space.

At this point I am not in a hurry. Shall I wait a bit more to see what is coming up? Shall I consider HD now? Are there new devices that might come up soon that will offer better tech than Aura HD?

thanks
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:49 AM   #2
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
I was looking at Aura yesterday in a shop. My two ereaders are over 2 years old so a new gadget is tempting. But I will wait till September to see. Since you have a newer Glo and Aura is similar but bigger I'd wait. I bought my K3 exactly to the day 2 years ago (July 5th) and then was kicking myself when Touch was released in September. I'm not going to make the same mistake again.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2013, 05:26 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What do you think's going to happen in September, Chi?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:55 AM   #4
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
If you are not in a hurry, you might as well wait and see what Sony do with their next release, there's already a few rumours/articles about it online. And if you wait until that is confirmed, then you might just have a couple of months to wait and see if Amazon are going to announce a new reader too.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:06 AM   #5
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What do you think's going to happen in September, Chi?
I estimate, based on previous years' observations, that a few new ereaders will be announced. I think T3 is likely to appear. And perhaps a new Kindle. If it is so then there will be more to choose from. If not, well, not a loss either way.

Edit, copied from another thread.
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...r-at-computex/

some new ones seem to be coming

Last edited by Chi Cygni; 07-05-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Hi

Thanks for all the opinions. I think I will wait a bit to see if there is anything new coming up. On the other hand, does anyone have links to upcoming ereader speculations? I am not sure where to look for that.

@HarryT btw how on earth were you able to post 55555 (assuming it is real) posts in 7 years?

thanks

Last edited by khahoon; 07-05-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by khahoon View Post
Hi

Thanks for all the opinions. I think I will wait a bit to see if there is anything new coming up. On the other hand, does anyone have links to upcoming ereader speculations? I am not sure where to look for that.

@HarryT btw how on earth were you able to post 55555 (assuming it is real) posts in 7 years?

thanks
That's only 22 posts a day, which isn't a lot for some of us. I can only imagine what my count would be if I didn't occasionally wander off for a month or two at a time.

And... here's a link to the current Sony speculation thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216687

You can also keep an eye on the various ereader sub-forums for release info. Sometimes info gets posted in those before it hits the News forum.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
khahoon
Connoisseur

CWatkinsNash, thanks for the reply. Great links.