Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #301
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
This seems like the right thread for this...

I have the NET Bible with DVJ and ran across a weird error on Monday. I needed to jump to Matthew 24, verse 29. So I typed "mt.24.29" hit the button and it brought up the correct verse in the search results, but when I hit the button again I went to Psalm 78:68 (location 37101) instead of the correct location. I should have gone to approximately location 61476. Searching for mt.24.28 works fine as does mt.24.30.

Does anyone else have this issue? Any thoughts on how to fix it? Would re-downloading from Amazon fix this? (Or is there some other way to force an indexing re-do if that is the problem?)

Thanks for the help.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #302
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Back button required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
This seems like the right thread for this...

I have the NET Bible with DVJ and ran across a weird error on Monday. I needed to jump to Matthew 24, verse 29. So I typed "mt.24.29" hit the button and it brought up the correct verse in the search results, but when I hit the button again I went to Psalm 78:68 (location 37101) instead of the correct location. I should have gone to approximately location 61476. Searching for mt.24.28 works fine as does mt.24.30.

Does anyone else have this issue? Any thoughts on how to fix it? Would re-downloading from Amazon fix this? (Or is there some other way to force an indexing re-do if that is the problem?)

Thanks for the help.
I tried the same verse but used mt2429 (no dots - I have DVJ 1, not DVJ 2) and ended up in the NET at Mark 1:1. After hitting the Back button it correctly went to Matthew 24:29. After hitting the Back button again it went to the search results page. In the KJV it went directly to Matthew 24:29. After that event it went directly to Matthew 24:29 immediately from the Search Results page.

It only made the error once. Its working fine now. It may have been an error from the upgrade of my Firmware to version 3.1 and will not repeat. Try it again.

I have updated to Firmware 3.1. Which Firmware version are you using?

Last edited by sirmaru; 02-16-2011 at 03:10 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #303
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I tried the same verse but used mt2429 (no dots - I have DVJ 1, not DVJ 2) and ended up in the NET at Mark 1:1. After hitting the Back button it correctly went to Matthew 24:29. After hitting the Back button again it went to the search results page. In the KJV it went directly to Matthew 24:29. After that event it went directly to Matthew 24:29 immediately from the Search Results page.

It only made the error once. Its working fine now. It may have been an error from the upgrade of my Firmware to version 3.1 and will not repeat. Try it again.

I have updated to Firmware 3.1. Which Firmware version are you using?
I am not sure what version of DVJ I have, it doesn't work without the dots, so I must have DVJ 2 then? When I hit the back button it goes back to the search results, not another verse.

I tried in the Unabridged Matthew Henry's Commentary with the KJV (the only other DVJ edition I have) and it takes me to location 33058 which is in the commentary for Deut 8:1-9 it looks like. Again, the search results look correct, but they have the wrong location number (should be 344416).

I have firmware 3.0.2. (Edit: I don't have any hacks installed, just haven't updated yet as I wanted there to be a little more time for any possible bugs to work themselves out.)
Old 02-16-2011, 05:55 PM   #304
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
DVJ (bk.cc.vv)works from the page you're reading from.
DVJ-2 (bk cc vv)works from Menu/Index.

The same, only different.

If you can't DVJ-2 from Index, you only have the DVJ version. osnova will take care of you.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #305
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try 3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I have firmware 3.0.2. (Edit: I don't have any hacks installed, just haven't updated yet as I wanted there to be a little more time for any possible bugs to work themselves out.)
Try upgrading your firmware to version 3.1. Go here to download it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529700

Read the install instructions and then install it. If it works like it did on my Kindle WiFi, the error will happen once. Then use the Back button and it will take you to the correct location. Then the error will NOT happen after that.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #306
Dazrin
Wizard

I will try updating tonight at home. I must have DVJ (not 2) then as using spaces doesn't work either.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #307
sirmaru
Wizard

DVJ 1 versus 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
DVJ (bk.cc.vv)works from the page you're reading from.
DVJ-2 (bk cc vv)works from Menu/Index.

The same, only different.

If you can't DVJ-2 from Index, you only have the DVJ version. osnova will take care of you.
DVJ 1 works from the Home screen or the individual book. It does NOT have to use the dots. DVJ 2 requires the use of the dots. DVJ 1 occasionally misintrepets the book.verse combination. I wasn't aware that either of those first two DVJ versions could use spaces. Maybe there is a DVJ 3 out which does use them.

It is possible that DVJ 1 has been accomodated by Kindle WiFi 3.1 and DVJ 2 may not have been. Once this user tries it, we will know for sure.

True, Osnova will fix this once he knows if there is a problem.

Last edited by sirmaru; 02-16-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #308
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Hmm. From the home screen (which lists my Bibles), I did a DVJ search for mt 2 1 and got one hit (NET Bible).

From the same screen, I did a DVJ search for mt.2.1 and got 3 hits, NET, Matthew Henry, and WEB.

I assume I have DVJ1 and DVJ2 on all my Bible related books from osnova. Now you have me wondering!

Edit: I have 3.1. AFAIK, the behavior has not changed from 3.0.3.

Edit 2: I get entirely different results if in a book of the Bible, I search with bb cc vv vs bb.cc.vv. Only the latter gets to what I want (at least in my test using the NET).

Last edited by speedlever; 02-16-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #309
Dazrin
Wizard

I will play with it some more this evening before I update to 3.1 to verify the behavior with a variety of inputs. (Regarding DVJ version, I need to use the dots to get good results using another verse and I can use it from the home screen.)

I do have the Kindle 3 3G version, but I doubt that would change anything, the firmware/DVJ version should be much more important.

I know Osnova does a wonderful job in fixing things that are found or adding things that are requested, but hopefully his response time is a bit longer for this issue. I don't want to pull him away from their new arrival. (Congratulations!)
Old 02-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #310
sirmaru
Wizard

Spaces work in DVJ 1 but cause problems

Quote:
Hmm. From the home screen (which lists my Bibles), I did a DVJ search for mt 2 1 and got one hit (NET Bible).

From the same screen, I did a DVJ search for mt.2.1 and got 3 hits, NET, Matthew Henry, and WEB.

I assume I have DVJ1 and DVJ2 on all my Bible related books from osnova. Now you have me wondering!

Edit: I have 3.1. AFAIK, the behavior has not changed from 3.0.3.

Edit 2: I get entirely different results if in a book of the Bible, I search with bb cc vv vs bb.cc.vv. Only the latter gets to what I want (at least in my test using the NET).
I tried Mt 24 29 and got FOUR references in the NET. Using Mt2429 I get only ONE reference. Thus, spaces work but in DVJ 1 they cause inaccuracies.

Perhaps, in DVJ 2 they are more accurate.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #311
speedlever
Fanatic

Using the NET Bible and in Matthew 21 as the base location, I keyed in mt 24 29. The results took me to the NET Bibles notes (location 33413), not the scripture reference.

Using the same base location, I then tried mt.24.29 and it took me to location 19601.. which is also in the notes.

Once again at the base location, I then tried Menu/Index mt 24 29 and it took me to the appropriate scripture reference.

I need to do some more testing because something is not right with my test of mt.24.29. That should have taken me to the scripture reference.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #312
sirmaru
Wizard

Back key

Quote:
I need to do some more testing because something is not right with my test of mt.24.29. That should have taken me to the scripture reference.
If you get the error, try using the Back key. It should take you to the correct location. Thereafter, there should be NO errors.

At least that was my experience with DVJ 1 using mt2429.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #313
Dazrin
Wizard

So, I downloaded the 3.1 update and placed it on the Kindle thinking I would wait until today to do the update since I hadn't had a chance to test the searches yet. I woke up this morning to find that it automatically updated during the night...oh well.

I ran 9 test searches all using the 3.1 firmware. Using the three search terms below from the home screen and from within each of the two DVJ versions I have.
mt.24.29
mt 24 29
mt2429

The "mt.24.29" search shows the correct passage in the results page for all three searches, but has the wrong location and when selected goes to the location indicated which is wrong.

The "mt 24 29" search brings up one reference in the NET Bible from either the home screen or within the Bible, but it is not the correct passage.

The "mt2429" search does not have any results from any location.

These results are the same as I had with the 3.0.2 firmware, although I didn't test as specifically in that firmware due to the auto-update that occurred last night. I may have missed an iteration in the 3.0.2 firmware, but I am not sure.

I did not experience and could not replicate the behavior described above where if I hit the "back" button after going to the wrong location it would then go to the correct location.

At this point the only thing I haven't done is re-download the files. I will try to do that sometime today.

Last edited by Dazrin; 02-17-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #314
sirmaru
Wizard

Use the BACK key after you get to the wrong location. Using that key permanently fixed the same problem for me.

Both of you have DVJ 2. I have DVJ 1. You NEED to use the dots: mt.24.29 from the Home screen or within the book. I can get away without the dots.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #315
Dazrin
Wizard

I redownloaded the NET Bible this afternoon ...

1) Re-downloading this did force the Kindle to re-index.
2) Re-indexing did not resolve the issue.