Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #1
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
So MAD at myself!

I have been taking my 505 everywhere with me and I mean everywhere. I always bring it with me to work. You know to read during breaks and lunch time. Well, for some reason today I forgot it! In too much of a hurry when I left.
This tells you how much I have been using it. I was caught by a train this morning and what is the first thing I do? I reached for my reader! I'm telling you that train gate wasn't even down 5 minutes and I was upset that I wasted that time not being able to read.
Does this mean that I am truly addicted?! Do I need intervention?
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I hate it when I do that too. For a minute there I thought you were going to say you lost it, glad you didn't
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey34 View Post
Does this mean that I am truly addicted?! Do I need intervention?

We don't "do" interventions......we just smile and say "welcome to MobileRead"........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #4
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Welcome to the club!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
LOL! I hate when that happens! (Just last Saturday on a long car trip to visit friends. In fact, I had to look at the passing springtime scenery and talk with my husband for the whole ride there and back.)
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #6
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
LOL! I hate when that happens! (Just last Saturday on a long car trip to visit friends. In fact, I had to look at the passing springtime scenery and talk with my husband for the whole ride there and back.)
No way!! You actually had to talk to him?!

Well, try to remember to tell him that I said "Hi!" the next time you forget your Reader....erm...talk to him.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:27 AM   #7
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
That's why I always kept some ebooks on my PDA. No, it isn't the ideal reader but it was always in my pocket when I worked & so was always with me for those odd minute that you described.

I also kept an emergency pbook at work too.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
No way!! You actually had to talk to him?!

Well, try to remember to tell him that I said "Hi!" the next time you forget your Reader....erm...talk to him.

Dreamer
I will - it will make him grin to be remembered!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #9
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
That's why I always kept some ebooks on my PDA. No, it isn't the ideal reader but it was always in my pocket when I worked & so was always with me for those odd minute that you described.

I also kept an emergency pbook at work too.
Slayda,

I do exactly the same thing --- PDA and emergency pbook!
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #10
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
Speaking of husbands, my husband (the one who calls it the reader thingy) is always saying why don't you put that thing down and talk to me. Now I ask all of you, why would I want to do that?! I'm just kidding, on occasion I will put it down and talk to him.
I love the fact that you all understand where I am coming from when these things happen.
Thanks for understanding!
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #11
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I had to look at the passing springtime scenery and talk with my husband for the whole ride there and back.
Reminds me of the guy the police pulled over to tell him his wife had fallen out of the car 3 miles back; he was mightily relieved - he thought he'd gone deaf.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #12
ttate90303
Enthusiast
ttate90303 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Apple iPad 3, Kindle 3, Nook Simple Touch
Yeah, ran into that exact problem today. Left it in my nightstand.
ttate90303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #13
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
As Karl Malden once said "don't leave home without it"
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #14
DixieGal
Hi There!

HOWEVER...

It really is time to put it down if, like me, you find that the spouse wants to spend time together and you become annoyed because you wanted to read. I hate myself when I get that angry feeling for being interrupted just so that the man I love can have my attention.

Real life must remain the priority, even if the book is indeed a lot more interesting. At least until they fix it up so we can download books to our eyeballs and pretend to be paying attention. This might be a job for montsmg enterprises LLC.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #15
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
LOL...

This would be why I treked back to the office (a good 10 min walk from the train station where I had realised my reader wasn't in the top pocket of my backpack) so I could get it back.

The thought of being readerless for 2 commutes *shudder*. Even though my 20 min walk (10 there 10 back) meant I missed one of my trains and ended up being home a good 50 mins later than I should have been.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote