Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
What are "Event Reminders"?

In the User CP, there's an item labeled Event Reminders in the Miscellaneous section of the Control Panel. I click on it and get "You have no event reminders." What are event reminders and is this functionality active? I read the FAQ but can't find a reference.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
In the User CP, there's an item labeled Event Reminders in the Miscellaneous section of the Control Panel. I click on it and get "You have no event reminders." What are event reminders and is this functionality active? I read the FAQ but can't find a reference.

Dreamer
Event reminders are usually associated with calandars. If you have access to the calandar, which I do on MR (although I'm not sure I can update it) you can probably add a reminder, which will send you a message or pop-up a day or two (sometimes you can specify) previous to the event.

For us forgettful people.

Click on event reminder, then click on Calandar to see events.

*edit*

MR Calandar only goes up to 2007, so I suspect it is out of date and not in use any more

Calander forum is not on forums list so it must have been discontinued, access to calandar thru event reminders is thru back door, plus I have no authority to update the calandar.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 01-08-2009 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Calandar out of date
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

I think the calendar is playing hide-and-seek and I'm apparently a bad seeker.

Dreamer
Old 01-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist

Calendar found! I was close, so close...and yet so oblivious. Thanks for sniffing that out for me, Wetdogeared! You're my hero!

For those of you interested, go to Event Reminders. The Calendar link is in the breadcrumbs (MobileRead Forums > Calendar).

Dreamer
Old 01-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
And I can see the calendar up to... December 2006
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
Calendar found! I was close, so close...and yet so oblivious.
Dreamer, this looks perfect for you.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote