Notices

Old 12-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
GustavoB
Enthusiast
GustavoB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Is it possible to fill the background of the booklist with some color

I'm trying to do this:

Is it possible to do something like this on Calibre? The colors would be very useful to visually find a class of specific books in my reading list.
GustavoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoB View Post
I'm trying to do this:

Is it possible to do something like this on Calibre? The colors would be very useful to visually find a class of specific books in my reading list.
You can color a book title column based upon a value,(Preferences: Looka and Feel: column coloring tab)

But you will take a performance hit with too many rules.

The Tag browser is the way to go.
Using that, you can select by Author, series, tags and/or combinations of those. No need to color code records.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
GustavoB
Enthusiast
GustavoB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks, theducks.

I've also figured out another way which is nice: Creating a custom column with long text, like comments, not shown in the tag browser. With this, you can use colored comments because calibre's editor allows you to do a nice formatting. I'm just experiencing a problem now: I'm unable to bulk edit them.

I'll try to search if it's possible to do it in the forum, but your alternative is very nice.
GustavoB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book lists