Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
CyborgQueen
CyborgQueen began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Search function weirdness?

I know there's "Advance Search" where I can search for a specific name. But, in the Quick search, I want to know why it's way off?

I have 400+ books. I type in "The Help"...it's not the FIRST on the list...it's the only book I have titled "The Help". One would think that it would be first to show up.

I'm used to the Quick Search, but now I think I'm going to have to learn to click on the button and search for the book title.

I'm just curious why it's giving me weird results whenever I look in Quick search. If I use quotes, it does seem to help a little bit but not much.

If it's a known issue and it's "a bad idea to even use quick search", then that's good...I'm not feeling like I'm the only one having issues...lol!
CyborgQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
quick search searches title, authors, tags, comments, series. If your query is found in *any* of those fields it will be returned. And there is no "ordering" of results. if you want to search one titles, type title:The Help"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
CyborgQueen
CyborgQueen began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
quick search searches title, authors, tags, comments, series. If your query is found in *any* of those fields it will be returned. And there is no "ordering" of results. if you want to search one titles, type title:The Help"
ahh gotcha...I was wondering why 'the help' would bring Tuesdays with Morrie...it was just a bit puzzling on how the results brought up that book. :-)

Thanks again!
CyborgQueen is offline   Reply With Quote