Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #61
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
Now available for preorder. (except in USA and Canada)
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #62
ThomasK
ThomasK began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
Still don't see how too preorder.
Up for pre-orders now. http://www.bookeen.com/en/
ThomasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #63
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasK View Post
Up for pre-orders now. http://www.bookeen.com/en/
Beat you to it!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #64
rainio
Connoisseur
rainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: none
Why don't they release some videos of the finished product?
Tempt us!
rainio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:39 AM   #65
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainio View Post
To all the non-Frenchies, will you pre-order/order from the bookeen site, thus (presumably) expecting devlivery from France?
If so, that could be problematic if you find a problem and need to return/exchange it.
I'm in the UK, and though am tempted to pre-order, think it would be smarter to wait until a local supplier stocks it (though who knows how long that could be).
My experience (from amazon Uk delivery), is that the shipping is about 2-3 days.
And in case of problem, it might be faster (though not cheaper because of delivery cost), to ask bookeen directly. At least readers are not huge or heavy, so shipping cost are more reasonable.

Quote:
Now available for preorder. (except in USA and Canada)
They did it again ! putting things up *after* i give up and goes to bed.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 04:06 AM   #66
_elric_
_elric_ doesn't litter_elric_ doesn't litter

Quote:
Why don't they release some videos of the finished product?
Tempt us!
I'm also hesitating a lot between T1 and Odyssey ..

To make yourself an idea, here is a first video :
http://www.01net.com/editorial/54614...iseuses-video/

it's in french, but you can at least see the Odyssey in action during few seconds (it is first showing only the kindle 4 at the begining of the video, then the Odyssey at ~55" until the end)
_elric_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:08 AM   #67
rainio
Connoisseur
rainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Thank you for the video, elric. Very enlightening.
In fact, the refresh rate is not almost instantaneous as I was led to beleive - it's faster than the sony, but not remarkably so.
Still, the lag with the sony (to someone who has never owned an ereader) seems to be ready to breed frustration.
Going to wait for reviews of the odyssey.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:45 AM   #68
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Thank you for the video, elric. Very enlightening.
In fact, the refresh rate is not almost instantaneous as I was led to beleive - it's faster than the sony, but not remarkably so.
Still, the lag with the sony (to someone who has never owned an ereader) seems to be ready to breed frustration.
Going to wait for reviews of the odyssey.
Yeap, the real difference will be on pdf / web browsing.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:15 AM   #69
pata
Zealot
pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
well bookeen has confirmed that it will ship to anywhere. Hope some of you guys are ready to be guinea pigs!
I'll let you be the guinea pig though
pata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:29 AM   #70
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by pata View Post
I'll let you be the guinea pig though
I would but I bought a PRS-950 and I *LOVE* it. Irrationally. But maybe the Odyssey reviews will be so good, and the added features over the 950 (wireless library lending, maybe?) will be worth selling the 950 for. We'll see.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:01 AM   #71
rainio
Connoisseur

Anyone bought one yet?

Last edited by rainio; 11-24-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:51 AM   #72
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Anyone bought one yet?
Yeah, had my parents preorder one for me and ship it to the US. Today I see that Bookeen truly ships to anywhere now. USA and Canada have the Odyssey in the shop now. And cheaper for some reason. Price in Europe EUR 149.99, price in US USD 159.99. Shipping in US is about $23. The Canadian shop lists $159.99 as price as well - not sure though if they mean USD there?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #73
bob123
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Yeah, had my parents preorder one for me and ship it to the US. Today I see that Bookeen truly ships to anywhere now. USA and Canada have the Odyssey in the shop now. And cheaper for some reason. Price in Europe EUR 149.99, price in US USD 159.99. Shipping in US is about $23. The Canadian shop lists $159.99 as price as well - not sure though if they mean USD there?
Are you sure? When I go to the US or Canadian store I don't see the Odyssey at all.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #74
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
Are you sure? When I go to the US or Canadian store I don't see the Odyssey at all.
Yes, check here: http://www.bookeen.com/shop/usa/inde...k/odyssey.html

sure you don't have a old browsercache?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #75
bob123
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Yes, check here: http://www.bookeen.com/shop/usa/inde...k/odyssey.html

sure you don't have a old browsercache?
Ah. Thank you. I didn't see it because there is no picture of it on the main shopping page.