Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Calibre loses books on Folder Device

I just transfered some books to my folder device. I then disconnected that folder device. But I had forgotten one book so, I connected it again. And found that Calibre thinks there are zero books on my device!

I've been transfering books like this since I started using Calibre and I've never seen this behaviour... I'm using the latest version (0.8.10).

Edit: extra info, it looks like only two files are written, only the .driveinfo and .metadata. On another SD card I have 2 of each. One with the preceding dot, the other without.

Last edited by Sweetpea; 07-22-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Doesn't happen for me.

Things to check:
1) does it fail if you connect to a folder on your hard disk?
2) have you recently changed the template?
3) have you checked the cards' file systems?
4) Is there anything in metadata.calibre?
5) run with calibre-debug -g to see if something is reporting an exception
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I formatted it again... Maybe it was something that was caused by Win7 (running XP at home, Win7 at work). I did check the metadata file. It was filled. I even deleted it completely and let Calibre create it again (again filled). I didn't get an error that it couldn't read or write. And it actually did update it when I added a book. It only lost all information when I reconnected again...

Weird...

Lesson learned: never trust Win7!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote