Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
rjsalt38
rjsalt38 began at the beginning.

Device: Sibrary G51
Sibrary G51

There was no thread that i could fine for this ebook reader i hope this is the right place to add it.. if not then no need to be rude just tell me and i will remove it.

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j0...eader-G51-.jpg

Product Description

G5Ebook Reader

Display
* Screen: 5 inch E-ink Panel Display
* Resolution: 600 * 800 Pixels
* Grayscale: Supports 16 level grayscale

Weights and Measurements
* Size: 148mm x 102mm x 7.7mm
* Weight: 150g
* Color: White, Black^ Can be customized

System
* Processor: Samsung 2416 Processor, 400MHz
* Operating System: Linux
* Memory: 128MB DDR Ram
* Data Flash: Built-in 256MB Flash
* Extend Storage: MicroSD Card, Up to 32GB

Power
* Battery Type: Removable Li-ion polymer battery
* Battery Capacity: 1,100 mAh.
* Battery Life: 35 days Standby time, supports over 11,000 continuous page turns on a single charge.

Supporting Formats:
* Documents: .pdf, .txt, .epub, .html, .chm, .fb2, .pdb, .rtf, Adobe DRM files
* Music: .mp3, .wma, .wav, .ogg
* Image: .jpg, .bmp, .gif, .png

Others
* Audio: 2.5 mm stereo audio jack
* Connectivity: USB 2.0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	G51.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	66276  

Last edited by DaleDe; 02-07-2011 at 12:40 PM. Reason: shrunk the image. Click to see it full size.
rjsalt38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
rjsalt38

http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2540418/23447368/

Follow the link above for the latest firmware for the Sibrary G51
Advert
Old 02-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Generally the forum is a good place to discuss this sort of thing and the wiki is a good place to build a reference like the one you posted. If you are not familiar with the wiki I will build a page in a day or two on this device.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:18 AM   #4
rjsalt38

Yes thanks you That would be Great ....I do not as a general rule use forums very often but i have noticed the subject of this device come up a few times and now own one myself, thanks for letting me know :-)
Old 02-07-2011, 12:53 AM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsalt38 View Post
Yes thanks you That would be Great ....I do not as a general rule use forums very often but i have noticed the subject of this device come up a few times and now own one myself, thanks for letting me know :-)
Here you go: Sibrary G51
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
rjsalt38

Wow thank you so much

rjsalt38
Old 02-09-2011, 12:31 AM   #7
West Virginia
Enthusiast
West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Augen The Book
So rjsalt, where did you get it and how much? Was it from one of those chinese wholesalers or is it from a real company?

The replaceable battery is priceless.

If the device works in 90 days will you let us know?

Good luck,

joe
West Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:34 PM   #8
rjsalt38

Hi i bought mine from Ebay for $199 Its works really well .... although i only have the Kobo to compare it to !
the link to the Ebay seller is below.

So far
I have been using this device for 2 weeks, battery still showing as full ! no glitches thus far...
very easy to use.
Has a very cool short cut that instead of using the up and down arrow keys then pressing ok...etc to choose a book you can press a number that is associated to the book and it opens for you.
you can do this on every menu which saves alot of time.

Currently converting to Epub using calibre but using the kindle settings.

No complaints, no crashes, no glitches

will keep you updated

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SIBRARY-G51-...-/250658381278

Thanks R

Last edited by rjsalt38; 02-11-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #9
rjsalt38

Hi all,

Just an update

Still no Glitches or Crashes
Battery showing half full after only the first charge(coming up to 1 month)

Hope this helps anyone who is interested

Thanks Rjsalt38
Old 04-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #10
Montyp535
Zealot
Montyp535 began at the beginning.

Device: (former) Ebookwise 1150, PB 302, (now) PB 612, PB Touch, HTC DesireS
Hi rjsalt,

I bought a G5 (the brother ) on the cebit from the guys from boeye - because it's not selled in Germany...
it's a fine small but big enoug reader, no bigger problems, good battery, little slo on start up when off, fast when only wake up from standby - but some information I'd need...

- how can I install own fonts?
- are the css in epubs fully supported in your books? I have tested some book, an indent of the paragraph is not, different font sizes are not (only one is displayed, the others are not shown) some spacing after an paragraph dito.
- a possibility to show the cover as thumb in the menu?

Do you have any ideas?
Montyp535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:15 AM   #11
rjsalt38

Hey Montyp535

I believe you put your fonts in a "fonts" folder on the root of the SD Card turn the device off and on.... don't quote me on this as i have not tried it ! but that's what it says in the Manual.

I can read any book in epub format and have no issues with css.. i do however re format every book using kindle setting but in epub format using the Calibre program ? maybe you could try that if your having Issues with the way the book looks on the device?

At this stage I do not believe you can have the book covers as thumbs.. that would be grand if i could !

Just for further info they brought a new firmware out today V1.8 @ ftp://125.91.8.7/

User Name - FTP_user1
Password - user123

Last edited by rjsalt38; 04-21-2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #12
Montyp535
Zealot
Montyp535 began at the beginning.

Device: (former) Ebookwise 1150, PB 302, (now) PB 612, PB Touch, HTC DesireS
Thanks rjsalt for the information - it's more than I expected :-)

I'm loading the firmwares - it's not too fast, it will last some time - and will try - and the info about the font's I will test - feedback follows.
Don't know, what the problem with the css is, some formatting is used, some not - could be, that the new fw will help.
I haven't a real manual, cause I bought it "as is" from the cebit - only the device with loader, card and cover.
the problem with the "icons" (covers from books) I have also with my pb 302 - there are folders with the right images -but some other pictures from the books are shown in the booklist... - mh...

a question: does all of the fw other languaes than Chinese? I loaded the g5-c1... - when I look with an lister in the img I can see: "China-Mainland-G5-20110412-2017"
the second is not ready loaded already...

Last edited by Montyp535; 04-27-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Montyp535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:03 AM   #13
rjsalt38

Hi,

Sorry I didn't realize you didn't have a good manual ..I should have been more specific about the firmware. you need to download the firmware that ends in C2.
You will need a file Downloader like "filezilla" for downloading otherwise it's more than likely going to fail half way through.
When you first load it, it will still be in Chinese ! you then go to the settings option and choose English In the Language Option.
The firmware needs to be put onto a 2 gig sd card and will not work with any other for some reason ! and then power the machine on whilst holding the ok button and it should start loading.

Ill look into the book cover problem for you