Notices

Old 03-17-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
nickdma
Enthusiast
nickdma began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet PC
Request to support the wifi Xoom

Not sure if it's different than the 3g/4g Xoom
Basic Android support should be fine. Maybe someday Google will realize that allowing sideloading of books into Google Books is a good idea.

Version: 0.7.49
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3b3c&rev0005',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3b34&rev0005',
u'usb\\vid_056a&pid_00e3&rev_0=68',
u'usb\\vid_056a&pid_00e3&rev_0=68&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_056a&pid_00e3&rev_0=68&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_138a&pid_0005&rev_0<90',
u'usb\\vid_174f&pid_1118&rev_0421',
u'usb\\vid_174f&pid_1118&rev_0421&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_22b8&pid_70a9&rev_9999',
u'usb\\vid_22b8&pid_70a9&rev_9999&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_22b8&pid_70a9&rev_9999&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_0020&rev_0000',
u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_0020&rev_0000']
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\scanner.py", line 84, in __call__
DriveError: No removable drives found
Drives detected:
Available plugins: ALEX ALURATEK_COLOR ANDROID ARCHOS7O AVANT AZBOOKA BAMBOOK BLACKBERRY
BOOQ BOOX COOL_ER CYBOOK DBOOK E52 E71X EB511 EB600 EBK52 ECLICTO EDGE
EEEREADER ELONEX ESLICK FOLDER_DEVICE_FOR_CONFIG GEMEI GER2 HANLINV3
HANLINV5 ILIAD INVESBOOK IPAPYRUS IREXDR1000 IREXDR800 IRIVER_STORY
ITALICA ITUNES JETBOOK JETBOOK_MINI KINDLE KINDLE2 KINDLE_DX KOBO
LUMIREAD MENTOR MIBUK N516 N770 N810 NEWSMY NEXTBOOK NOOK NOOK_COLOR
NUUT2 ORIZON PALMPRE PDNOVEL PDNOVEL_KOBO PICO POCKETBOOK301
POCKETBOOK360 POCKETBOOK602 POCKETBOOK701 PRS505 README S60 SHINEBOOK
SNE SOVOS SPECTRA STASH SUNSTECH_EB700 SWEEX TECLAST_K3 THEBOOK
TREKSTOR VELOCITYMICRO WEXLER

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None
nickdma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:48 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
ccording to that debug output your device is not being detected as a disk drive by the operating system, in such a case, calibre cannot support it.h
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
nickdma
Enthusiast

I was afraid that might be the case. Windows 7 sees it as a device, and is able to copy files etc, but it doesn't map as a drive letter.

Calibre won't save-to-disk with it either

I guess I'm stuck using the content server.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdma View Post
I was afraid that might be the case. Windows 7 sees it as a device, and is able to copy files etc, but it doesn't map as a drive letter.

Calibre won't save-to-disk with it either
Calibre won't save to your device but save to disk works fine. After you save to a directory you can then use Windows 7 to send the files as you state above.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:06 AM   #5
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
On my galaxy s I can change how the phone is detected and I can change it to be detected as a disk drive. Is the option not available in xoom
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2011, 12:16 AM   #6
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
If that does not work you can also use pcfilesync it is a free app just share a folder on your computer and use calibre connect to folder feature to manage files on it they will be auto
synced with your tablet
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:46 PM   #7
nickdma
Enthusiast

Thanks for the pcfilesync tip, that works perfectly.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:49 AM   #8
nickdma
Enthusiast

I noticed in the changelog for 0.7.55:
Device drivers for Viewpad 7, Motorola Xoom and Asus Eee Note

My Xoom still isn't detected, and I see no obvious PlugIn for it under the devices section.

The Xoom wants to work with Microsoft's MTP protocol still. AFAIK, there's no support for removable drive mode. I had assumed the driver was to make it work in MTP mode.

Should this be working now? My Xoom is running the latest build, which I don't think is being pushed out yet, it's only recently been announced, so I'm not sure if something has changed there.

Code:
Version: 0.7.58
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3b3c&rev0005',
 u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3b34&rev0005',
 u'usb\\vid_056a&pid_00e3&rev_0=68',
 u'usb\\vid_056a&pid_00e3&rev_0=68&mi_00',
 u'usb\\vid_056a&pid_00e3&rev_0=68&mi_01',
 u'usb\\vid_138a&pid_0005&rev_0<90',
 u'usb\\vid_174f&pid_1118&rev_0421',
 u'usb\\vid_174f&pid_1118&rev_0421&mi_00',
 u'usb\\vid_22b8&pid_70a8&rev_9999',
 u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_0020&rev_0000',
 u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_0020&rev_0000']
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\scanner.py", line 84, in __call__
DriveError: No removable drives found
Drives detected:
Available plugins: ALEX ALURATEK_COLOR ANDROID ARCHOS7O AVANT AZBOOKA BAMBOOK BLACKBERRY
BOOQ BOOX COOL_ER CYBOOK DBOOK E52 E71X EB511 EB600 EBK52 ECLICTO EDGE
EEEREADER ELONEX ESLICK FOLDER_DEVICE_FOR_CONFIG GEMEI GER2 HANLINV3
HANLINV5 ILIAD INVESBOOK IPAPYRUS IREXDR1000 IREXDR800 IRIVER_STORY
ITALICA ITUNES JETBOOK JETBOOK_MINI KINDLE KINDLE2 KINDLE_DX KOBO
LUMIREAD MENTOR MIBUK N516 N770 N810 NEWSMY NEXTBOOK NOOK NOOK_COLOR
NUUT2 ORIZON PALMPRE PDNOVEL PDNOVEL_KOBO PICO POCKETBOOK301
POCKETBOOK360 POCKETBOOK602 POCKETBOOK701 PRS505 README S60 SHINEBOOK
SNE SOVOS SPECTRA STASH SUNSTECH_EB700 SWEEX TECLAST_K3 THEBOOK
TREKSTOR VELOCITYMICRO WEXLER

Looking for devices...
	u'usb\\vid_22b8&pid_70a8&rev_9999'

Devices possibly connected: None
Old 04-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #9
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
The Xoom would probably be supported in the Android driver. It has to be connected to the computer as a removable drive in order for Calibre to be able to connect to it. I don't know who built the support based on what version of the software, but if you can't connect as a removable drive, you're out of luck.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #10
nickdma
Enthusiast

Quote:
but if you can't connect as a removable drive, you're out of luck
It's not that I'm not able to, it's a case of the device doesn't do it. Since there was specific mention of drivers being added to support Xoom, my assumption was that those drivers were intended to support the mode it does use (MTP), otherwise why mention it.

I'm simply looking for clarification on the status of the driver. I suspect it might be a linux'ism, because I think linux users have a means of mounting the Xoom as a removable drive, whereas Windows users are not.

The release note suggests it should work now, it doesn't appear to.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
MTP devices are not supported in calibre. The driver is just present against the time when (if ever) the Xoom gets USB disk mode support.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:36 AM   #12
nickdma
Enthusiast

Thanks for the clarification. I won't spend any more time trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong.

Hopefully when Google finally adds sdcard support back into Honeycomb, removable disk support will return as well.