Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-01-2018, 02:10 AM   #1
Nick Payne
Connoisseur
Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Libra H2O
Overdrive on H2O edition 2?

My wife has an H2O edition 2 running FW 4.10.11655. According to the OverDrive web site at https://help.overdrive.com/customer/...r-kobo-ereader, she should be able to use OverDrive directly from her Kobo to borrow books, rather than using a web browser to get to our local public library web site and then using ADE on a PC to download the epubs and copy to the Kobo, as I do with my Aura HD. However, there is no OverDrive option under the Settings menu on her Kobo. Should the H2O edition 2 have this option?
Nick Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:18 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Payne View Post
My wife has an H2O edition 2 running FW 4.10.11655. According to the OverDrive web site at https://help.overdrive.com/customer/...r-kobo-ereader, she should be able to use OverDrive directly from her Kobo to borrow books, rather than using a web browser to get to our local public library web site and then using ADE on a PC to download the epubs and copy to the Kobo, as I do with my Aura HD. However, there is no OverDrive option under the Settings menu on her Kobo. Should the H2O edition 2 have this option?
It will depend on where your H2O2 is. OverDrive is currently not supported outside of Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. One reason having a location in your profile is handy.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2018, 02:49 AM   #3
Nick Payne
Connoisseur
Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Libra H2O
We're in Canberra, so Australia. However, I installed the FW on the H2O by downloading the zip file from https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html and unzipping the download into the .kobo folder. Could that be the reason that there is no OverDrive option under settings? Should I D/L the FW from an affiliate in a country where OverDrive is supported and install that?
Nick Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:59 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Payne View Post
We're in Canberra, so Australia. However, I installed the FW on the H2O by downloading the zip file from https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html and unzipping the download into the .kobo folder. Could that be the reason that there is no OverDrive option under settings? Should I D/L the FW from an affiliate in a country where OverDrive is supported and install that?
Kobo ereaders are exactly the same worldwide and use exactly the same firmware everywhere, though the exact firmware version might be different for a while. That site doesn't store the firmware, it just detects the currently available version and give you the link to them on Kobo's servers.

What is more important is the address you have in your Kobo account. If you have an address in Australia, or one of the other supported countries, you should have the Overdrive option in the settings. If it isn't there, I would try editing the config file, find the "OverDrive" section and delete that section. Then restart the device. That is just in case the section has been corrupted somehow and messing things up.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:07 PM   #5
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I can confirm that Overdrive works with stock OTA firmware on a H2O2 in Australia with an Australian kobo account. Something's hinky in your setup.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2018, 12:34 AM   #6
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Call Kobo, I know someone who had this issue, Kobo replace his device.

He was in the US, with a US based account, using the same wifi I used, etc. etc. and Overdrive wasn't showing for him. This was a Kobo Aura One, so there was never a question of if Overdrive should have been there.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote