Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2018, 11:14 AM   #16
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Van C. View Post
The process is this:

1. select the images (jpg) extracted from the pdf
2. add to archive with winrar
3. rename the archive form .rar to .cbr and than create it
You've already solved your problem. But as FYI, you don't need WinRAR (or even 7zip) to create CBZ/CBR files.

In Windows explorer, you can select the images you want, right click and choose 'send to.' One of the options is 'Compressed (zipped) folder.' You then change the .ZIP extension to .CBZ and you're good to go with no additional software.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:27 PM   #17
Amiieey
Connoisseur
Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Likebook Mars, Kindle Fire HD 8
You are not alone. I had this same problem on my Forma. I find using .cbz extension works.
Amiieey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2018, 09:12 AM   #18
coleman
Connoisseur
coleman began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablets and phones, Windows tablet, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
I've tried with all Winrar's format compression but they doesn't works...
Anyone knows another software for the cbr creation that works with Kobo forma?
You can use anything that can create a rar file. Just rename the extension after making the zip/rar. That's all .cbz and .cbr files are, zip and rar files with renamed extension so that they can be easily associated with software.
coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:50 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yangshuo View Post
I need Koreader run on Forma, help me!
You'll need to go post in the Koreader forum section.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:24 AM   #20
Steven Van C.
Steven Van C. began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo forma
Hi to everyone! Thanks again for the answers.

I have another question for Kobo Forma readers:

What's the best setup in Calibre for the Kobo Forma reader?

I've the last version of Calibre but, when I select "convert book", "page setup", in the "output" section, there's only a generic "Kobo reader" choise, with 536 X 700 pixel resolution, very little for the Kobo Forma reader...
It works weel, but maybe there's better settings or plug in that I don't know (I'm new in the ereader's world).

Anyone can help? Or can tell me what's his\her best Calibre's setting?

Thank you in advice!
Steven Van C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2018, 07:25 AM   #21
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
output device should be "tablet" or it will downscale all your illustrations
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:27 AM   #22
Steven Van C.
Steven Van C. began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo forma
Thank you frostschutz, I'm asking also about the best setup for ebooks (not only illustrated or comic books).
Steven Van C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:06 AM   #23
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Thank you frostschutz, I'm asking also about the best setup for ebooks (not only illustrated or comic books).
The output device is only used to set the maximum size of images in books during conversions. It doesn't matter what format they are in or how the image is used. For any recent device, it is probably better to use the tablet setting and let the device do the resizing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:06 AM   #24
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Anyone can help? Or can tell me what's his\her best Calibre's setting?

Thank you in advice!
Output Profile should be Tablet.

Personally, I like to use the Kobo Touch Extended Driver (installable as a plugin, and that will send files to Kobo in it's native kepub format. Some people prefer to send books as straight up Epubs for the stricter adherence to formatting.

I replace Calibre's Font Size Key with 10.5, 11.0, 11.5, 12.0, 13.5, 17.0, 20.0, 22.0, 24.0
Although, most of the time, when converting from an e-book format, I disable Font Size Scaling check mark (unless it's needed).

And Finally, in Structure Detection tab, Chapter Mark is changed to "None" and "Insert Page Break Before" is set to "/" (without the quotes, just a single character slash.)
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:23 PM   #25
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Hi to everyone! Thanks again for the answers.

I have another question for Kobo Forma readers:

What's the best setup in Calibre for the Kobo Forma reader?
Select the tablet output profile. Unlimited screen size, no image resizing. This does depend on your images being handled properly in the epub so they scale to the screen.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:05 AM   #26
squiresque
Enthusiast
squiresque began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars, Alita
Kobo Forma freezing while reading PDFs req reset

Kobo Forma, firmware updated 11/3

Has anyone else noticed the Kobo Forma freezing while reading a PDF file? It has happened to me twice today. A hard reset (extended press of the power button) is required, and upon restart, after the usual delay, the place in the pdf at the time of the freeze has not been preserved.
squiresque is offline   Reply With Quote