Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
ehennigan
ehennigan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Red face What is a Vox? yeh... i'm a definate noob!!

Can anyone tell me what a Vox is? Perhaps there are other newbies who don't know either.
ehennigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
A Vox is an Android based tablet from Kobo with a colour screen. http://www.kobobooks.com/kobovox has more details.

Yes, it can read ePubs but also Android based applications. It does not have access to the official Google Android Marketplace, but can use other markets.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
Well, I think the title above where you posted your question had a pretty good summary:

Kobo Vox Discuss Kobo's Color 7-inch LCD eReader and Android tablet device

What part of this didn't you understand?
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehennigan View Post
Can anyone tell me what a Vox is? Perhaps there are other newbies who don't know either.
-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure that some have misunderstood you. The word; 'Vox' is an old Latin word for 'Voice'.

The written word, could be compared as to the 'voice' of the civilization the word, or words originated from.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote