Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-31-2018, 01:28 PM   #31
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiliolara View Post
It is too small, i am not able to read it. Could you transcribe the chat?
If you click once on the image, it will enlarge.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:17 PM   #32
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Galaxy Tab S2, PW3(7th) Kobo H2O (1st), Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaskyle View Post
I contacted Kobo support and they had me do another factory reset, and send a picture of the screen. They told me I qualify for warranty replacement and sent me back to Walmart since that is where I purchased.

So now I have a nice shiny Walmart gift card with $284.51 in credit, but no Forma. I'm glad I still have my KA1.
Well, that worked out well, at least. I still have a few days left myself to exchange or refund.

I'd be interested in seeing your photo, if you're able to post it. If not, that's okay. I was just curious what Kobo folks would consider qualifying as a defect.

Anyway, I have yet to see any photo of Forma screen posted, or reviewed online, or on youtube, wherever -- that did not show signs of the problem. I mean, photos or videos taken with the inbuilt lighting turned up, and the studio lights or room lights turned down. -- I realize folks haven't been inspired to post photos if they're satisfied with their device. It's just I still wish I could see with my own eyes and know I'd have a chance in a replacement lottery.
k9reeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:46 PM   #33
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9reeder View Post
I'd be interested in seeing your photo, if you're able to post it. If not, that's okay. I was just curious what Kobo folks would consider qualifying as a defect.
Click for a full-size image

Last edited by kansaskyle; 10-31-2018 at 04:50 PM.
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:54 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
it seems every new reader with lights has similar issues
how hard can it be to make a row of light just work ?
1. install a row of matching dimmable LEDS.
2. apply a consistent voltage
3. stand back and be amazed

what, from a manufacturing perspective , is everyone doing wrong?
placement, alignment, LED bub sourcing ???
My H2O has no light issues. So your rule doesn't quite apply.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:04 PM   #35
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Galaxy Tab S2, PW3(7th) Kobo H2O (1st), Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaskyle View Post
Click for a full-size image
Yes, that is an eyesore. Looks similar to mine. And every other Forma photo I've seen under the proper lighting conditions.

Thank you for posting it.
k9reeder is offline   Reply With Quote