Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-10-2016, 01:32 PM   #1
Trenien
Groupie
Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Librie, eReader, Kobo Glo
Flashcards app for kobo glo

As it says in the title.
I wonder if there is a way to have some kind of flashcards software for the Glo (whether directly or with some change to its OS).

I am talking about a soft where you can define your flashcards yourself.

Thanks
Trenien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:29 PM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't know of one. If there is I'd be interested too. Especially if it had a feature to force you repeat X cards for every Y pages read.

For "kanji flashcards" I use my random screensaver mod, it displays a random character whenever the device goes into standby. Doesn't do much for learning that way, though, it's just a gimmick...

It might be hard to add such a thing to the official Kobo reading software. If you were to use an OSS alternative such as KOReader, maybe it could be done with some scripting...
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:15 AM   #3
c123
c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I too enviously looked at the Kindle's "vocabulary builder" (and also a flash card app?), and would love something like it for kobo, but alas nothing for now.
c123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:20 AM   #4
Trenien
Groupie
Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Librie, eReader, Kobo Glo
Anki would seem to be the most likeky candidate : it runs on both on android and linux, and kobo's base system IS linux. However implementing it is neither obvious nor straightforward...
Trenien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:25 AM   #5
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You could just use the webbrowser to go to ankiweb not sure how eink-refresh-mobile-friendly that site is though.

Making anki run on the reader itself is... you still need a browser since the anki cards are all styled with HTML/CSS. And it's a whole lot of python. Well, the frontend is Qt and kobo itself also uses Qt but I don't think the versions are compatible, and the upcoming anki 2.1 uses even more up-to-date versions.

I just use the smartphone while reading, switch to ankidroid between chapters.
Old 10-27-2018, 01:09 PM   #6
frostschutz
Linux User

If you're still interested in this, I'm currently in the process of making a flashcard addon:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3764871