Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #31
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Rob,

I'm going to have to disagree with the others. I did NOT particularly enjoy Mercury Falls. It's not that I consider it poorly written or plotted, rather I find it needlessly convoluted and (and this is SOLELY my opinion) boring.

No, I could not honestly recommend it to anyone else. But I am sure, having read the other posts, that plenty of others are busy making positive recommendations. Good luck with your second book.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #32
robkroese
robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Delphidb96 - Making the plot needlessly convoluted was kind of the point. Actually, aren't all plots needlessly convoluted? A plot is by definition a needless complication of a character's life. After all, Huck Finn, Frodo Baggins and Luke Skywalker could all have avoided all kinds of complications by just staying home. I doubt their stories would be as interesting, but they would certainly be simpler.

What part did you find boring? The rocket exploding the house, the attempted assassination, the three pillars of fire erupting from the heavens, the implosion of a large section of southern California, the car crash, the gunfight, the three earthquakes or the forest fire?
robkroese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:00 PM   #33
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by robkroese View Post
Delphidb96 - Making the plot needlessly convoluted was kind of the point. Actually, aren't all plots needlessly convoluted? A plot is by definition a needless complication of a character's life. After all, Huck Finn, Frodo Baggins and Luke Skywalker could all have avoided all kinds of complications by just staying home. I doubt their stories would be as interesting, but they would certainly be simpler.

What part did you find boring? The rocket exploding the house, the attempted assassination, the three pillars of fire erupting from the heavens, the implosion of a large section of southern California, the car crash, the gunfight, the three earthquakes or the forest fire?
You lost me after wading through the first two chapters. I gave up after the second page. Then I came back to it and clawed my way through the first chapter - and gave up again. Finally, I forced myself to finish the second chapter. After three attempts, I gave up. I won't be going any further.

Ummm... Just so you know, I routinely read WEB Griffin, John Ringo, David Weber, Edward Cline, Ayn Rand, L Neil Smith, Tami Hoag and the like... Complex don't turn me off.

Derek

P.S. Complexity entering into a character's life is good. Needless complexity brings on unremitting confusion and is bad. I've found Terry Pratchett books that are less needlessly complex than I discovered in Mercury Falls.

Last edited by delphidb96; 01-29-2010 at 07:03 PM.
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:00 AM   #34
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
http://the-great-white-ebook-shark.b...rt-kroese.html

"Mr Kroese, besides being funny and clever, is an accomplished writer."

+1
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #35
robkroese
robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
New edition of the novel that Booklist calls "hilarious!"

I'm very happy to announce that my novel, Mercury Falls, is now available on Kindle. Originally self-published, Mercury Falls has been picked up, cleaned off, and re-published by AmazonEncore. Mercury Falls has received 110 5-star reviews and Booklist says, "Clever, inventive, and original, Kroese's hilarious romp has cult favorite written all over it."

Thank you for your support!

Robert Kroese,
Author of Mercury Falls
robkroese is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angels, apocalypse, demons, humor, kroese